A Party-Perfect Kitchen
Create a space your guests will love
2. Prepare a special drink.
Every party should have a signature drink, Powers says. Take your cue from the season or the theme of the party, if you have one. A favorite of Powers is the Dark 'n' Stormy (recipe below.) She also loves to showcase simple drinkmaking directions in creative ways, like writing them with a Sharpie marker on white porcelain (anything made of white porcelain can be written on with a Sharpie and then cleaned with a cloth), on a pretty gift tag, or on a framed piece of cardstock.
3. Rent what you need.
Stop stressing about what you don't have in your kitchen or china cabinet, and just rent it, Powers says. Everything—everything—is rentable, from china and glassware to vintage chandeliers, drink carts, and doughnut makers. Renting means you don't have to worry about storing everything, and most rental companies drop off and pick up.
ON ELLE DECOR: Martha Stewart's Favorite Things
More On MSN
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds