A Party-Perfect Kitchen
Create a space your guests will love
2. Prepare a special drink.
Every party should have a signature drink, Powers says. Take your cue from the season or the theme of the party, if you have one. A favorite of Powers is the Dark 'n' Stormy (recipe below.) She also loves to showcase simple drinkmaking directions in creative ways, like writing them with a Sharpie marker on white porcelain (anything made of white porcelain can be written on with a Sharpie and then cleaned with a cloth), on a pretty gift tag, or on a framed piece of cardstock.
3. Rent what you need.
Stop stressing about what you don't have in your kitchen or china cabinet, and just rent it, Powers says. Everything—everything—is rentable, from china and glassware to vintage chandeliers, drink carts, and doughnut makers. Renting means you don't have to worry about storing everything, and most rental companies drop off and pick up.
ON ELLE DECOR: Martha Stewart's Favorite Things
More On MSN
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- Couples, what your sleep position reveals
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds