A Party-Perfect Kitchen
Create a space your guests will love
4. Offer simple but inspired snacks.
“You can't go wrong with a great bowl filled with potato chips,” Powers says. Or serve air-popped popcorn, but mix some truffle oil in with the melted butter and pour on top. Set out shot glasses next to the popcorn and put a big scoop in the popcorn bowl. “It's cheap and chic,” she says and will make your guests feel at home in your kitchen.
5. Use good-looking, functional pieces.
The pieces you use in your kitchen every day can do double duty for serving. “Don't forget about your cutting board,” Powers says. Outfit it with cheese and a few bowls of olives, or bread and butter.
ON ELLE DECOR: Stylish Celebrity Closets
More On MSN
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds