Party Planner Amy Atlas' Memorial Day Treat
6. Lay 3 strips, evenly spaced over the filling of each pie. Place 3 more strips crosswise over them to create a lattice top. Gently press around the edges of each piece to adhere the tops to the bottom crust. Crimp and trim dough with a knife.
7. Carefully brush the lattice top and edges with the beaten egg. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over each.
8. Line the preheated baking sheet with parchment. Place pies on the baking sheet and bake until the crust is set and beings to turn golden brown, about 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350°F and continue to bake until the filling is bubbling and the crust is a deep golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Let pies cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe excerpted from Sweet Designs: Bake It, Craft It, Style It by Amy Atlas, Hyperion
More On MSN
- Jennifer Aniston's stylist reveals all
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- The best news we've heard all week
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The hit songs and swimsuits of summer