12 better & sexier gifts for Valentine’s Day
- Next1 of 13Glo
- Previous Next2 of 13Courtesy of Agent Provocateur
- Previous Next3 of 13Courtesy of Booty Parlor
- Previous Next4 of 13Courtesy of Artspace
- Previous Next5 of 13Courtesy of Sugarfina
- Previous Next6 of 13Courtesy of Malula
- Previous Next7 of 13Courtesy of Bite
- Previous Next8 of 13Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next9 of 13Courtesy of Bouq
- Previous Next10 of 13Courtesy of Williams Sonoma
- Previous Next11 of 13Courtesy of Mixbook
- Previous Next12 of 13Courtesy of 7 Virtues
- Previous Next13 of 13Courtesy of Wantful
You'll Lurv This1 of 13
By Brienne Walsh
Sick of giving or getting the usual flowers, standard box of chocolates and played-out lacy lingerie on February 14? Here are 12 creative alternatives to your predictable go-to Valentine's Day presents—because nothing says "I love you" like champagne gummy bears or sexy charades.
Game On2 of 13
Even better than lingerie? Something interactive that will make whatever you're wearing suddenly sexy.
SHOP NOW: Agent Provocateur Charades, $22
Fondue Fun3 of 13
If you insist on buying chocolate, get the kind that is meant for sampling off the body.
SHOP NOW: Booty Parlor Melt Chocolate Body Fondue, $16
Art Appreciation4 of 13
Avoid an uninspired meal at a forgettable restaurant and buy a piece of artwork that will last a lifetime.
Cheers!5 of 13
Rather than spending money on a so-so bottle of champagne, buy bubbly-infused gummy bears.
SHOP NOW: Champagne Gummy Bears, $5
Take Aim6 of 13
Rings are so… loaded. Instead, make a subtle reference to the holiday—think Cupid—with this arrow bracelet.
SHOP NOW: Malula Arrow Bracelet in Silver, $65
Pucker Up7 of 13
Forget a bottle of vino and buy this Bite lipstick. It contains resveratrol (the same super-antioxidant in red wine) making lips especially kissable.
SHOP NOW: Bite Lush Lip Tint in cherry, $24
Love Notes8 of 13
Not everyone is a word person. If you're looking for something romantic to say, choose a love poem by poet laureate Ted Kooser.
SHOP NOW: Valentines by Ted Kooser, $10
Special Delivery9 of 13
Boring is buying a single bouquet of buds. Buy fresh-cut flowers that will arrive once a month, for the next year.
SHOP NOW: Bouqs Club Subscription, $36 a month, cancellable at any time (single bouqs also available for special occasions)
The Sweetest Thing10 of 13
Instead of baking your basic cookies, make a batch from the to-die-for Milk Bar Momofuku mix.
SHOP NOW: Momofuku Milk Bar Cookie Mix, $17
Picture This11 of 13
Skip the framed pic of you and your significant other and create a cool album of your favorite photos together.
SHOP NOW: Mosaic by Mixbook, 20 photos for $20
Scent of a Man12 of 13
An ordinary cologne is expected. Buying a socially conscious scent made from organic vetiver, which helps Haitian farmers devastated by the 2010 earthquake, is not.
SHOP NOW: The 7 Virtues Vetiver of Haiti, $70
Most Wanted13 of 13
Avoid getting the wrong gift and use the personal shopping service Wantful to choose 12 items within your price range. They'll print and send out a customized catalogue to the lucky recipient.
Shop Now: Wantful, prices depend on your budget
NEXT ON GLO: Up the Sexy Factor of Your Bedroom...Fast
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds