Hot new trends in party accessories
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of ForYourParty
- Previous Next3 of 10Matilda Lindeblad/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of ForYourParty
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of ForYourParty
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of ForYourParty
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of ForYourParty
- Previous Next8 of 10Ericka McConnell/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of ForYourParty
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of ForYourParty
- Hot new trends in party accessoriesYour Ultimate Summer Entertaining Guide
- Best Party Accessories Under $20
- 11 over-the-top summer toys
- Throw the ultimate family friendly barbecue
- Plant this: 9 ways to liven up your windows
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- 7 spectacular sunrooms and porches
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- An hour-by-hour guide to the best day ever
- 8 most outrageous toys of summer
- 10 Under $10: Summer Edition
- 10 simply gorgeous summer 'dos
- Travel must-haves for kids
- Make $$$ this weekend: Garage sale secrets
- Amazing design trends from around the world
- 21 amazing art gifts for under $50
- The Ultimate Flower Power Lookbook
- The ultimate guide to stress-free parties
- Decorating After Divorce
INTRO_It's-All-In-The-Details_vo31 of 10
Get in Line2 of 10
"Chevron patterns with bold, bright colors like fuschia, tangerine and sunflower are huge this summer," says Mintz. "Use the chevron in the table covering, and then pick up the colors in the tabletop decor and food."
White Out3 of 10
Throwing all-white parties is so '90s, says Mintz. This summer the trend is to decorate with a unique palette of three or four colors. Her top picks? "Candy pink, turquoise and kiwi," she says. Be daring by combining them all in the tablescape, in the balloons or as a food of color.
Party All the Time4 of 10
Birthdays and weddings aren't the only occasions people are celebrating. Mintz has seen an uptick in orders for everyday parties, as well. "I love the random 'just because' party idea," says Mintz, who is also seeing more girlfriends-themed purchases.
Words to the Wise5 of 10
"Aside from names, ages and dates, customers are loving what we call Did You Know? quotes or inspirational messages," says Mintz, who loves this set of cocktail napkins that told the wedding couple's love story.
SHOP NOW: ForYourPary Did You Know? napkins
Match Maker6 of 10
Personalized napkins are nothing new, but Mintz says customized matchbooks are catching on like, well, wildfire. "They are the new favorite as people collect them, and almost nobody hands them out in restaurants or bars anymore," says Mintz. "Plus guests will use the matchbox 30 times, always reminding them of you and your party!"
SHOP NOW: Custom Matchbooks
Causing a Stir7 of 10
"Striped straws are all the rage and also have a real vintage feel that appeals to pretty much everyone," says Mintz of this summer's hot seller. "It's the ultimate way to dress up our drinks and make them personal." Try serving spiked lemonade in mason jars then topping it off with a stylish sipper. "
Branch Out8 of 10
"Using nature in your summer party is key to this season's trendiest entertaining look," says Mintz of incorporating branches and succulents into your party decor. Her seasonal go-tos? "Forsythia or lilac branches in spring, water and sand in summer, leaves and wood in fall."
What's Your Type?9 of 10
According to Mintz, hosts are now playing with typography and font in their designs to truly enhance the theme of a party. "Mixing fonts to create your own unique look is very popular and lets your accessories show your personality," she says.
Simply Sweet10 of 10
In addition to using personalized ribbon for gifts and decoration, accessorize your desserts, suggests Mintz. Yep, that's right! Stack two delectable deserts like macaroons or brownie bites together to make a lovely parting treat for guests.
SHOP NOW: Stir Sticks
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- The best news we've heard all week
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests