5 Easy Ways To Be Clutter-Free For Spring
- Courtesy of California Closets
It's hard to know where it all began (a pile here, an unsorted drawer there), and suddenly the clutter is out of control. Luckily, spring is the perfect time to wipe the slate clean and get organized. Glo talked to experts in decorating, organizing, design and more, and put together this step-by-step guide to tidying up your space in no time—or at least no more than a weekend. Let the de-cluttering begin!
Step 1: Be A Ruthless Curator
Your collections have a deep emotional meaning and say lots about you. Show personality with these rules of display.
• Secrets from a Stylist host Emily Henderson says visual vignettes "look better in threes or odd numbers." Pare down your assortment of teacups or vintage perfume bottles to the items you truly love. (To help you trim down mementos, consider sharing beloved treasures with family or friends who will appreciate them.)
• Keep the chosen display pieces together, rather than scattering them about. You can arrange objects according to size, shape and color.
• Use instinct rather than strict rules to create proportion, balance and symmetry. The result? Imperfectly perfect, natural-feeling design you can live with.
More On MSN
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds