5 Easy Ways To Be Clutter-Free For Spring
- Courtesy of California Closets
It's hard to know where it all began (a pile here, an unsorted drawer there), and suddenly the clutter is out of control. Luckily, spring is the perfect time to wipe the slate clean and get organized. Glo talked to experts in decorating, organizing, design and more, and put together this step-by-step guide to tidying up your space in no time—or at least no more than a weekend. Let the de-cluttering begin!
Step 1: Be A Ruthless Curator
Your collections have a deep emotional meaning and say lots about you. Show personality with these rules of display.
• Secrets from a Stylist host Emily Henderson says visual vignettes "look better in threes or odd numbers." Pare down your assortment of teacups or vintage perfume bottles to the items you truly love. (To help you trim down mementos, consider sharing beloved treasures with family or friends who will appreciate them.)
• Keep the chosen display pieces together, rather than scattering them about. You can arrange objects according to size, shape and color.
• Use instinct rather than strict rules to create proportion, balance and symmetry. The result? Imperfectly perfect, natural-feeling design you can live with.
More On MSN
- 11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right Now
- 10 Things Guys Really Do After a Breakup
- SNL alum lands huge Garnier campaign
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds