5 Easy Ways To Be Clutter-Free For Spring
Step 2: Think Like A Chef
The first rule of cooking at the Culinary Institute of America? Mise en place, or making sure that everything is in its place—and spotless. To help get you started, chef Laurent Quenioux of Vertical Wine Bistro in Pasadena, Calif., shares his advice for organizing a pantry like a pro.
• Store your most often-used items at eye level, and keep the rest either above or below. Designate a lower shelf for paper storage, and place all napkins, paper towels and plates together.
• Place small items (such as spices) into a small box or plastic container to keep them together.
• If you have extra wall space in your pantry, then consider hanging hooks and a bulletin board for must-remember recipes.
More On MSN
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds