- Next1 of 8Courtesy of Maison Martin Margiela
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of Maison Martin Margiela
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 8Courtesy of Blue Bell Bazaar
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 8Courtesy of National Artcraft
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 8Courtesy of LampsPlus
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of Maison Martin Margiela
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 8Courtesy of National Artcraft
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 8Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Doable DIYWhat's your summer entertaining style?
- The best pinners you've never heard of
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The most innovative outdoor gear of all time
- 7 spectacular sunrooms and porches
- Make $$$ this weekend: Garage sale secrets
- Amazing design trends from around the world
- Decorating After Divorce
- 5 Festive Cinco de Mayo Party Finds Under $25
- 10 coolest sentimental mother's day gifts
- The secret to decorating the French way
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- Plant this: 9 ways to liven up your windows
- 21 amazing art gifts for under $50
- The Ultimate Flower Power Lookbook
- The ultimate guide to stress-free parties
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Try these (almost!) free home decor crafts
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
Bright Idea1 of 8
Light up your life by replicating European designer brand Maison Martin Margiela's cheap-chic Bottle Lamps. These innovative conversation pieces make for a high-design DIY concept, brought to you by our friends at Remodelista.
Make this Lamp2 of 8
Maison Martin Margiela's salvaged bottle lamp, shown here with a faded vintage label, was unveiled at the prestigious 2010 Maison et Objet design show in Paris. This look can be yours by following a few simple steps, starting on the next slide.
The Bottle3 of 8
First, grab an empty wine bottle or search for a unique flea market find.
BUY NOW: Bottles from Blue Bell Bazaar
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: 10 Easy Pieces: Economical Task Lamps
The Hardware4 of 8
Next, you'll need an easy-to-use Cork Stopper Lamp Kit, which works with any standard wine bottle.
BUY NOW: Cork Stopper Lamp Kit, $12
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: Roundup of Lighting Pieces
The Shade5 of 8
Finally, top off your bottle lamp with a dark shade, such as this one.
BUY NOW: Black Drum Lampshade, $30
Or, Try a Clear Bottle6 of 8
For a lighter look, you can also recreate Margiela's white bottle lamp with a sleek, crystal-clear bottle.
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: Lighting: Jean Pelle Bubble Chandelier
The Hardware7 of 8
You'll need hardware with a light cord for this style lamp. Try this convenient GE Bottle Lamp Kit.
BUY NOW: Bottle Lamp Kit with White Cord, $18
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: Find More DIY Projects
The Shade8 of 8
Now, top it all off with a simple ivory, beige or white shade to finish your DIY project.
BUY NOW: White Linen Tapered Drum Shade, $29