From Retail To Your Room
- Next1 of 9Courtesy of Off 5th
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Off 5th
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Off 5th
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of Off 5th
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Off 5th
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of Off 5th
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of Off 5th
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of Off 5th
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Off 5th
- From Retail To Your RoomHoliday Decorating Secrets From the Pros
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 8 Essentials Every Home Bar Should Have
- 11 Wildly Creative Christmas Trees
- 10 High-Tech Ways to Survive the Holidays
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- The Very Best Of Americana Today
- Best Tips For Celebrating Thanksgivingukkah
- 10 DIY Blunders, Fixed Forever
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- 8 Daring Ways To Decorate With Orange
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Hot Spots for Holiday Decor
- 7 Rich & Enviable Celebrity Bathrooms
- The Lazy Person's Guide to Holiday Decorating
- 7 Inspiring Before-and-After Room Makeovers
- Daylight Saving Time Trivia
Retail Therapy1 of 9
By Amy Elisa Keith
Ever walk in to a department store, spot an amazing visual display and think, "I wish I could do that in my home"? Well, now you can. Glo takes you on a tour of Bergen, New Jersey Off 5th, the outlet store for Saks Fifth Avenue, and shows you which design tips to steal from the pros and how to get the look.
Matchy Matchy2 of 9
While the monochromatic look can be too intense for many people, coordinating a bright-colored lamp and accent table can create a modern and cohesive room. Here it is an unexpected pairing that strikes a perfectly vibrant note. Try this with hues like mandarin orange, pool blue or even a lime green, like Off 5th uses.
GET THE LOOK: Blue furniture accents
Theater Production3 of 9
If you have high ceilings in your home and are looking to add a bit of drama, then get inspired by this runway display and the industrial spotlights. The theater-style lights are reminiscent of professional performances, but can be a stylish alternative to recessed lighting or traditional fixtures.
Off Center Chic4 of 9
Ignore the old-school design rule of parallel lines and straightforward furniture arrangements. Like this shoe display does, try angling your dining room table or sofa off the area rug for an unexpected twist, and reinforce the look with a series of hanging lamps. This arrangement will also add depth and texture to your room without overwhelming the space.
Branch Out5 of 9
While gorgeous blooms are a timeless favorite in any home, consider a tall vase of branches of manzanita or bamboo to bring nature indoors. Visual designers counterbalanced a shoe display with a tree-like sculpture, softening the overall look. Try this arrangement with a floor vase in your entertainment space for an eco-friendly touch.
GET THE LOOK: Manzanita Branches
In Plain Sight6 of 9
Jewelry counters and accessories displays are like every other feature of a store: They are designed to entice us to spend. Take a cue from the experts by displaying your bangles and baubles in a way that encourages you to accessorize your work outfit or that LBD in a new and exciting way.
GET THE LOOK: Acrylic Jewelry Organizers
Wood Work7 of 9
To draw attention to various brands of jeans available, Off 5th installed a floating shelf that carries different-colored planks of wood. While you're probably not advertising denim, consider this technique to personalize a child's bedroom—incorporate their name or favorite hobbies for a semi-permanent decor option.
GET THE LOOK: Letter Wall Decals
Look In The Mirror8 of 9
Throughout the store, blouses and shoes sit atop large, classic mirrored furniture. Add your own reflective accents by placing a mirrored console table in your living room or a side table next to your bed. An added perk? Mirrored furniture brightens and opens small spaces.
GET THE LOOK: Mirrored Tables
Center Of Attention9 of 9
For the ultimate fashion maven who is daring enough to try it, we challenge you to try this out. Invest in an ultra-modern mannequin like this one (or even a dress form) as a piece of art in your home. It's a great conversation starter and fantasy fixture for your bedroom, and it can sport that cocktail dress you're planning to wear for your reunion.
GET THE LOOK: Chrome Mannequin