Get the Look of these All Red Rooms
- Next1 of 11Frank-Schwere/ Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Imagno/ Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Steve Taylor/ Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 11Altrendo Travel/ GettyImages
- Previous Next5 of 11Glow Deco/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 11Glow Deco/ Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11Glow Deco/ Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Glow Deco/ Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11Juergen Richter/ Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Baerbel Schmidt/ Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Frank Schwere/ Getty Images
- Get the Look of these All Red RoomsThe Most Elaborate Holiday Windows Displays
- Predictions for "Girls" Season 3
- 10 Crazy Christmas Houses
- Holiday Decorating Secrets From the Pros
- 10 DIY Blunders, Fixed Forever
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- 8 Daring Ways To Decorate With Orange
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Hot Spots for Holiday Decor
- 7 Rich & Enviable Celebrity Bathrooms
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 8 Essentials Every Home Bar Should Have
- 11 Wildly Creative Christmas Trees
- 10 High-Tech Ways to Survive the Holidays
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- The Very Best Of Americana Today
- Best Tips For Celebrating Thanksgivingukkah
Seeing Red1 of 11
By Amy Elisa Keith
Red is a daring alternative to your usual home hues, but risks can be oh so rewarding. From crimson couches to textured scarlet walls, be dazzled and inspired by these high-impact rooms that are bold and unapologetically sexy.
Fit for a Queen2 of 11
Bring a sense of traditional elegance to any corner of your space with damask-print wallpaper coordinated with a sumptuous throw blanket and accent chair. While it may seem too matchy-matchy, this combination makes us think of a royal palace circa Henry VIII.
SHOP NOW: Red Damask Flock Wallpaper, prices vary
Red Redux3 of 11
Various shades of red give this retro seating area an eclectic feel. The bold vertical stripes play off the mid-century red-piped couch and the cheery printed carpet. Even one of these elements will add a '50s feel to your home, but our vote goes to the crimson-trimmed sofa, which is funky yet understated.
SHOP NOW: Club piping chair, $799
Gilded Age4 of 11
The eye is instantly drawn to this inviting wood daybed, thanks to the chevron hardwood flooring. Mix and match time periods with a modern floor treatment and old world accents like gilded frames and striped bolsters.
Cherry-Picked5 of 11
Bathe in brightness by taking a cue from this bathroom's shade, which instantly livens up the contrasting space. Consider small rooms as prime opportunities to experiment with color.
SHOP NOW: Valspar Porcelain Red WV37013, prices vary
Scarlet Letter6 of 11
Scared of a huge red wall? Break up the color with open shelving and artwork to soften the impact, like in this dining space. For a quick DIY solution, consider painting the inside of your existing bookshelves to perk things up.
(Red) Wine & Dine7 of 11
Heat things up in your kitchen with red lacquer cabinetry. Whether you choose to match your kitchenette chairs to the motif is up to you, but new fixtures can take your space from blah to bam!
SHOP NOW: Ikea Akurum, Abstrakt, Rubrik kitchen system in red, prices vary; Redsmith Dining Chair in Red, $198
Brick House8 of 11
Occasional rooms like the dining room are perfect for a bit of a color experiment. Try an accent wall like the one in this home, or opt for a coat of paint below the chair rail or along the trim. Keep furnishings minimal to prevent sensory overload.
SHOP NOW: Benjamin Moore Hot Spice 2011-30, prices vary
Queen of Hearts9 of 11
Pull off the ultimate in color indulgence with an all-red room. Take your cue from this Spanish bar or the White House when considering red wood flooring, cherry-stained vaulted ceilings and a deep crimson paint. The key? Make sure your space is large enough to handle the rich hue. Also, don't be afraid to mix and match patterns for dimension.
SHOP NOW: Shaw Living Kathy Ireland Garden Fantasy Rug in Red, from $140; Majesty Lined Window Panel, from $20
Lair of Love10 of 11
Transform your bedroom into an indulgent boudoir. An over-the-top canopy bed draped in fine linens and anchored by a loveseat and reading sconces makes for the perfect romantic retreat. Throw in a butler and silk robe, and you've got paradise.
Sitting Pretty11 of 11
This luxurious living room in a New York City apartment takes plush to new heights. With a swanky fabric accent wall and a slightly darker velvet couch, this romantic space makes for a cozy screening room. Deeper shades of cherry can evoke the same feeling as rich blues or grays: comfort and relaxation.
SHOP NOW: Ikea Ektorp Sofa, $499