- Next1 of 14Courtesy of Overstock
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 14Courtesy of Overstock
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 14Courtesy of Ten Thousand Villages
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 14Courtesy of Overstock
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 14Courtesy of Ten Thousand Villages
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 14Courtesy of Overstock
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 14Courtesy of Ten Thousand Villages
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 14Courtesy of Ten Thousand Villages
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 14Courtesy of Overstock
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 14Courtesy of Ten Thousand Villages
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 14Courtesy of Ten Thousand Villages
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 14Courtesy of Overstock
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 14Courtesy of Etsy
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 14Courtesy of Overstock
- Global Home12 Things You Never Knew About Earth Day
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- Designers Reveal Their Guilty Decor Pleasures
- 15 Camping Essentials for Coachella & Beyond
- 8 Gorgeous City Gardens to Inspire You
- Stylish Outdoor Decor For Every Budget
- 7 Inspiring Ways To Use Wallpaper At Home
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Gotta Have It: Daily Animal Finds
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- The Best 'Mad Men' Inspired Living Rooms
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- Gotta Have It
- Spring Cleaning Myths—Busted!
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Tricks For A More Productive Office Space
Worldly Influences1 of 14
By Amy Elisa Keith
From furniture welded near the banks of the Ganges River to a basket woven in a rural Ugandan village, make your home worldly with these handcrafted accents from across the globe.
Full Cup2 of 14
Offered in a variety of colors, these hand-painted mugs come in a set of four for high tea or Turkish coffee as is popular in Tunisia, where the mugs are crafted.
SHOP NOW: Set of 4 Sabrine Design 16-oz. Mugs (Tunisia), $35
More Than Soap3 of 14
Infuse the fragrances of Cambodia into your home with these sweet-smelling soaps that support local villages.
SHOP NOW: Scents of Nature Soaps (Cambodia), $14
Breaking Bread4 of 14
Serviceware is a wonderful conversation starter during parties. So share with guests this rugged yet refined bowl crafted from mango trees in Thailand.
SHOP NOW: Enrico Large Mango Broadleaf Bowl (Thailand), $31
Basket Weave5 of 14
While mainstream ikat print has overtaken bedding and pillows in the States, handmade ikat patterns vary depending on country and region in Southeast Asia, like this subtler weave from Indonesia.
SHOP NOW: Handmade Ikat Storage Basket (Indonesia), $48
Ottoman Empire6 of 14
While you may think that a bohemian-looking pouf may not blend with your home décor, adding pieces that pop like this leather mosaic ottoman from Morocco infuse an international flare without being overwhelming.
SHOP NOW: Leather Mosaic Ottoman (Morocco), $134
Giving Tree7 of 14
Made from the branches of already fallen trees, craftsmen in the West Bank ensure that resources do not go to waste by making these olive wood coaster sets.
SHOP NOW: Olive Wood Coaster (West Bank), $24
Familiar Fruit8 of 14
While an apple a day may keep the doctor away, a sleek onyx apple paperweight on your sidetable simply exudes style. This treasure from Pakistan is made by the Dominion Traders who work with underprivileged artisans making stone and wood crafts in the city of Karachi.
SHOP NOW: Onyx Apple Paperweight (Pakistan), $14
Tightly Woven9 of 14
Ethnic prints and fabrics are one of the biggest trends for 2011. Support fair trade and the women of Mayan cooperatives in Guatemala who sew these embroidered patchwork pillow covers.
SHOP NOW: Embroidered Patchwork Pillow Cover (Guatemala), $30
Rings of Hope10 of 14
Support entrepreneurship and empowerment in rural villages of Uganda with this geometric blue basket. Woven by a collective, Ten Thousand Villages offers the baskets on their site and proceeds go directly to the collective to benefit children with disabilities.
SHOP NOW: Handmade Blue Geometry Basket (Uganda), $34
Full Service11 of 14
Dish up hearty bowls of soup or stews in this handcrafted set of bamboo serviceware from Vietnam.
SHOP NOW: Celebration Bamboo Bowls set (Vietnam), $68
Well Rounded12 of 14
Evoking an art deco feel, this brass-plated coffee table was crafted by artisans in India and is a proportionate addition to any living room or to set between two armchairs.
SHOP NOW: Brass-plated Iron Mirrored Round Coffee Table (India), $185
Oceans Away13 of 14
Hanging art on the walls of your home is perhaps one of the best ways to pepper your home with global treasures. Even if you have not traveled to Peru, this one-of-a-kind watercolor of a sailing sunset is a calming reminder of endless possibilities.
SHOP NOW: Sailing Sunset Original by littlewindbird (Peru), $45
Ancient Glow14 of 14
From biblical times to now, alabaster has been one of the most coveted and chic materials. This Egyptian lamp would be a fitting addition to any mahogany library or on a side table.
SHOP NOW: Small Rectangular Alabaster Lamp (Egypt), $92