7 spectacular sunrooms and porches
- Next1 of 8Photo by Eric Piasecki
- Previous Next2 of 8Photo by Firooz Zahedi
- Previous Next3 of 8Photo by William Waldron
- Previous Next4 of 8Photo by William Waldron
- Previous Next5 of 8Photo by Eric Piasecki
- Previous Next6 of 8Photo by John M. Hall
- Previous Next7 of 8Photo by Roger Davie
- Previous Next8 of 8Photo by John M. Hall
- 7 spectacular sunrooms and porchesNate Berkus' Tips For How to Set a Table
- Designers' Favorite Florists from Around the Country
- What Julianne Moore Can't Live Without
- 15 One-of-a-Kind Kitchens
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- 8 Daring Ways To Decorate With Orange
- 11 Wildly Creative Christmas Trees
- 10 Hot Spots for Holiday Decor
- 7 Rich & Enviable Celebrity Bathrooms
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- Ellen DeGeneres's relaxing ranch retreat
- The ultimate guide to stress-free parties
- Outrageous wedding cakes, favors, venues & more
- 10 High-Tech Ways to Survive the Holidays
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- The Very Best Of Americana Today
- Best Tips For Celebrating Thanksgivingukkah
- The Lazy Person's Guide to Holiday Decorating
Stylish Sunrooms1 of 8
By Laura Regensdorf for ELLE DECOR
Neither indoors nor out, sunrooms and screened porches offer the best of both worlds.
Beverly Hills Bay Window2 of 8
A cushioned banquette with neutral-tone pillows fits the contours of a bay window at a 1920s house in Beverly Hills decorated by Waldo Fernandez. A pair of Windsor chairs and a traditional English gateleg table add rustic charm.
ON ELLE DECOR: A Tour of Keri Russell’s Brooklyn Brownstone
Front Porch in Columbia County3 of 8
Wood-frame windows enclose the front porch of the Columbia County, New York, cottage shared by designer Dale Saylor and stylist Joe Williamson. A 19th-century folding bench is topped with pillows covered in antique grain sacks, and the Czech wood-and-fabric chair is from the 1950s.
ON ELLE DECOR: 20 Celebrity Bedroom Designs
San Antonio Screened Porch4 of 8
At decorator Gwynn Griffith's home in San Antonio, Texas, forest-green shades hang in the double-height screened porch. The suspended sofa and wicker chair are accessorized with pillows covered in African textiles, and the side table is by John Dickinson; stained concrete floors nod to the building's industrial past.
ON ELLE DECOR: The Most Fashionable Rooms of the Week
Sunroom in Tuxedo Park5 of 8
Red-and-white upholstery and an array of topiaries bring color to the grandly scaled sunroom of a Tuxedo Park, New York, home decorated by Ernest de la Torre. A woven-rattan chaise and vintage armchairs surround a Jean-Michel Frank-inspired cocktail table.
ON ELLE DECOR: 12 Amazing Porch Lights and Entry Fixtures
Long Island Porch6 of 8
Architect Bill Ryall designed a sunny porch for the Long Island home he shares with curator Barry Bergdoll. The casual dining area includes a 1950s butterfly chair and a plywood-top table with industrial folding legs. Simple wood framing holds the stainless-steel screens in place.
Southampton Sunroom7 of 8
At a weekend home in Southampton, New York, Emma Jane Pilkington decorated the sunroom with serene powder-blue walls and sheer window shades. An antique Italian cocktail table, stripped of its dark finish, is paired with an Oly sofa and a Chinese Chippendale-style chair.
Screened Porch in Texas8 of 8
The screened porch of a country retreat in Fredericksburg, Texas, includes a pair of vintage rattan rocking chairs and a circa-1935 Marc du Plantier sofa, found at a French flea market and upholstered in Sunbrella fabric. A 19th-century workbench is used as a cocktail table.
ON ELLE DECOR: 6 Quick and Easy Cleaning Tips