- Next1 of 8Courtesy of Norton
- Previous Next2 of 8Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next3 of 8Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of Toshi Ando
- Previous Next5 of 8Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next7 of 8Photo Courtesy of Collins Design
- Previous Next8 of 8Photo Courtesy of Norton
- dream houseHoliday Decorating Secrets From the Pros
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 8 Essentials Every Home Bar Should Have
- 11 Wildly Creative Christmas Trees
- 10 High-Tech Ways to Survive the Holidays
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- The Very Best Of Americana Today
- Best Tips For Celebrating Thanksgivingukkah
- 10 DIY Blunders, Fixed Forever
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- 8 Daring Ways To Decorate With Orange
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Hot Spots for Holiday Decor
- 7 Rich & Enviable Celebrity Bathrooms
- The Lazy Person's Guide to Holiday Decorating
- 7 Inspiring Before-and-After Room Makeovers
- Daylight Saving Time Trivia
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight1 of 8
By Anne Collins for PointClickHome
What if the house itself was your Stairmaster? Or if you had to climb a ladder to get to the kitchen? These houses were designed to be fat-free — to make you move even if it means strapping on skis to get there.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight2 of 8
This home's circular layout means taking a shortcut isn't an option, unless you hook up a rope and rappel from floor to floor. Every way is the long way so you work it coming and going.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight3 of 8
If you're invited to this home for dinner, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. You'll have to climb up a tree to their leafy dining room.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight4 of 8
Open the front door and behold: an obstacle course of uneven floors, sloping walls and ladders. You've got to climb some rungs to get to the bathroom or bedroom. This Tokyo loft is built to challenge the body and mind — and keep you on your toes.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight5 of 8
Getting to this house on San Juan Island, Washington, is literally quite a hike. But if that doesn't tire you out, try mountain biking through the 42 acres of mountainous terrain.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight6 of 8
A maze of walkways connects the many buildings in this rugged Adirondack-style home in northern Connecticut, which is exactly what the owners wanted. If you're going to be a couch potato, you've at least got to work to get there.
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight7 of 8
Tucked in the trees of Hyogo, Japan, this 3000-square-foot house is traversed via a thigh-burning staircase that winds here, there and everywhere.
RELATED ON POINTCLICKHOME: Fanciful Staircase Designs
7 Houses That Make You Lose Weight8 of 8
Talk about extreme living. To get to this home in Stol Mountain Ridge, Slovenia, you've got to do some pretty fierce ice climbing. The good news is that you'll burn off your lunch.