Easy tips to organize your garage for good
- Next1 of 8Heather Johnston, Place Architects
- Previous Next2 of 8Steve Keating Photography
- Previous Next3 of 8Courtesy of California Closets
- Previous Next4 of 8Courtesy of California Closets
- Previous Next5 of 8Ryann Ford; ryannford.com
- Previous Next6 of 8Courtesy of The Container Store
- Previous Next7 of 8Shelly Harrison
- Previous Next8 of 8Heather Johnston, Place Architects
- Easy tips to organize your garage for goodRemodelista: Bold hues in a simple summerhouse
- Yee-Haw: Southwestern home decor
- 11 Over-the-top all-white rooms
- Amazing Rooftop Retreats Around the World
- Make $$$ this weekend: Garage sale secrets
- Amazing design trends from around the world
- 21 amazing art gifts for under $50
- 5 Festive Cinco de Mayo Party Finds Under $25
- 10 coolest sentimental mother's day gifts
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Extreme Lust-Worthy Pools
- Unbelievable vacation destinations
- Can You Believe They live on the water?!
- The Ultimate Flower Power Lookbook
- The ultimate guide to stress-free parties
- Decorating After Divorce
- Try these (almost!) free home decor crafts
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- Ellen DeGeneres's relaxing ranch retreat
Tune Up1 of 8
By Stacey Lindsey for Remodelista
With bikes crammed in corners, tools strewn about and boxes stacked to the ceiling, it often seems everything but your car gets parked in the garage. Get your garage into high gear with inspiration from these tricked out, yet streamlined spaces.
Lofty Ambitions2 of 8
With its polished floors, frosted-glass retractable doors and natural wood beams, this minimalist garage by Balance Associates manages to be both industrial and organic. Industrial pendant lamps are a sleek update to traditional fluorescent garage lighting, while a lofted section creates extra room for storage, freeing up more space for your car.
SHOP NOW: Finn Pendant, $50
ON GARDENISTA: Five Life-Changing Garage Doors
Steel the Show3 of 8
A durable material such as stainless steel provides a sleek exterior for storage, while maintaining a clean aesthetic. A magnetic board keeps large items like drills from cluttering the counters.
SHOP NOW: Stainless Steel Magnetic Board, $49
ON REMODELISTA: Stainless Steel in the Kitchen
White Idea4 of 8
A unified palette of white cabinets and walls streamline the space, making it easy to find tools and work essentials. Hanging snowboards, an old yellow crate and vintage tools free up space and adds character.
SHOP NOW: Rustic Wine Crates, $35
ON REMODELISTA: DIY: Garage Organization Strategies
Board Room5 of 8
Austin-based architect Michael Hsu believes in creating functional and engaging spaces. His home garage and workspace echo this ethos: Art pieces reflect his interests, while scissors, tape and pliers find an organized home on a pegboard. A narrow table and space-saving stool allow room for parking and working.
SHOP NOW: Alligator Board Stainless Pegboard, $80
ON REMODELISTA: A Camp-Style Kitchen in a Garage
Hang in There6 of 8
Bright orange and red toolboxes add personality to upper shelves, while clear bins below makes it easy to know what's stored where. Another helpful hint from this garage? Suspend oversized tools like rakes and shovels for an artful effect.
SHOP NOW: Metro Commercial Studio Shelves, $265
ON REMODELISTA: Carolyn Murphy's Painting Retreat—in the Garage
Off the Wall7 of 8
Allen Frechter, who used to own a customized organization business, knows how to keep a room pristine. Here, plenty of wall racks and shelving help keep his home garage immaculate. Checkered rubber flooring offers durability and character.
SHOP NOW: Square Wire Basket, $25
ON REMODELISTA: A Garage Studio by Shed Building Design
Dining Car8 of 8
Architect Heather Johnston of PLACE Architects designed this live/work space for a creative and industrious family. The "permitted garage space" here is fully integrated, offering a means for work, play and dining. The car in the open studio area is both a project--hence the surrounding tools-- and art piece.
SHOP NOW: Bjorkudden Dining Table, $100
ON REMODELISTA: A Garage Turned Summer House in Sweden