Hump Day Happy Hour
A Drink for a King in Honor of Elvis' BirthdayBy Julie Fishman
This Saturday marks the birth of the first true American Idol: Elvis Presley. Along with rock and roll, Elvis the Pelvis brought sexual liberation to ladies across America — young women could finally admit that a hip-thrusting hottie turned them on. (Duh.)
So throw on your “Blue Suede Shoes” and celebrate Elvis' musical and cultural contributions with this week's cocktail, “The Libertine,” made for Glo by Chandelier Bar, located on the Vegas strip Presley frequented.
Aptly named, the drink reflects the freethinking attitude of The King himself. Infused with maple syrup, “The Libertine” is the next best thing to an actual pile of pancakes.
1 barspoon Orange Marmalade
1 oz. Lemon Juice
1 oz. Rosemary Simple Syrup
2 oz. Maker's Mark 46
Maple Syrup Foam*
*Maple Syrup, Orange Juice, Egg Whites
Assemble first four ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a 12 oz. whiskey tumbler filled with cubed ice. Top with foam.
Talk about a hunka hunka burning love ...Archive Photos/Getty Images
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- The best news we've heard all week
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests