Illuminating Home Lighting Ideas
- Next1 of 10William Geddes/Beateworks/Corbis
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 10Courtesy of 2Modern.com
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 10Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 10Courtesy of Jonathan Adler
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 10Courtesy of Rejuvenation.com
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 10Courtesy of CB2
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 10Courtesy of Lighting By Gregory
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 10Courtesy of Rejuvenation.com
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 10Courtesy of Lamps Plus
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 10Courtesy of Jonathan Adler
- Illuminating Home Lighting IdeasFrom Woman's Day: 10 Marriage Rules You Should Break
- Marriage advice from surprising sources
- 10 Obscure Marriage Laws
- The One Thing You Should Know About Marriage
- 10 Ways to Reignite the Flame
- Tips for Maintaining Mystery In Your Marriage
- 10 Obscure Marriage Laws
- Love Matches by Birth Order
- Reasons to Love Younger Men
- Reasons to Love Middle-Aged Men
- Make It Through The 5 Stages Of Marriage
- What You Can Learn from Marriage Studies
- How Your Kids Can Ruin Your Marriage
- 10 Foolproof Ways To Get In The Mood
- 10 Sexy G-Rated Activities
- the truth about aphrodisiacs
- The Couple That Plays Together
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- Ellen DeGeneres's relaxing ranch retreat
Shine On1 of 10
Get inspired by this feature from our friends at Woman's Day.—Glo
The lighting in your home not only helps creates a mood, but it can also act as part of the décor. A classy kitchen sconce or softly-lit bathroom light can work wonders—the trick is finding the right one. Read on to see nine accent options that are sure to fit any style.
Flipping Out2 of 10
Perch’s robins-egg Franny pendant will freshen up any kitchen with its flirty shape. It’s also available in other candy-color shades like orange, mint green and yellow.
SHOP NOW: Franny Pendant Light, $190
Grande Dame3 of 10
Pottery Barn’s Gothic Lantern is a lean, mean, elegant lighting machine, right down to its sophisticated iron finish.
SHOP NOW: Gothic Lantern, $269
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Most Common Home Decorating Don'ts
Orange Crush4 of 10
In a sunny color and a simple, fluid shape, Jonathan Adler’s Capri Bottle pendant adds just the right amount of punch.
SHOP NOW: Jonathan Adler Capri Bottle Pendant, $195
Fresh Mix5 of 10
Sleek chrome hardware paired with a peppy stripe of citrus gives Rejuvenation’s Sumner pendant a home in both urban and country-style kitchens.
SHOP NOW: Sumner Light, $269
ON WOMAN'S DAY: The Step by Step Guide to Painting A Room
Mighty Metal6 of 10
How is it that CB2’s District pendant—made of brass, iron and aluminum—manages to look so factory-chic yet sweet? Maybe the tough exterior benefits from the opaque glass shade, which emits a soft glow.
SHOP NOW: District Pendant, $299
Awesome Orb7 of 10
Unusual but not over-the-top, Artimide’s bubble-shaped Miconos sconce boasts a handblown glass shade to diffuse the exposed incandescent light inside.
SHOP NOW: Miconos Sconce, $650
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 7 Low Cost Furniture Fix-Ups
As The World Turns8 of 10
The strong, stoic Liberal sconce from Rejuvenation emits light in all directions, ensuring an honest look (but not frighteningly so, thanks to the opaque glass).
SHOP NOW: Liberal lighting, $173
Smooth Operator9 of 10
Lamps Plus’s sconce from their Downtown Collection takes a classic approach with sleek lines and just a hint of glam.
SHOP NOW: Downtown Collection High Sconce, $139
Luxury Lodge10 of 10
Ebony wood, antique brass, a linen shade—oh my! Jonathan Adler’s Ventana sconce will add an upscale yet- masculine warmth to the bathroom.
SHOP NOW: Jonathan Adler Ventana Wall Sconce, $195