Inside the coolest hotels across the country
- Next1 of 15Glo
- Previous Next2 of 15Photos by Casey Dunn
- Previous Next3 of 15Courtesy of Ikea; Wayfair; Society 6
- Previous Next4 of 15Photos by Skott Snider
- Previous Next5 of 15Courtesy of Pier 1 Imports; Target; Young & Battaglia
- Previous Next6 of 15Courtesy of Refinery Hotel
- Previous Next7 of 15Courtesy of Restoration Hardware; West Elm; Ikea
- Previous Next8 of 15Courtesy of Cresto Ranch
- Previous Next9 of 15Courtesy of Cost Plus World Market; Pendleton Blankets; Pottery Barn
- Previous Next10 of 15Photos by Dylan + Jeni
- Previous Next11 of 15Courtesy of Utilitarianfranchise; Target; White Faux Taxidermy
- Previous Next12 of 15Photos by Corbin Gurkin
- Previous Next13 of 15Courtesy of Wisteria; Ballard Designs; Pratt & Lambert
- Previous Next14 of 15Photos by Tony Soluri
- Previous Next15 of 15Courtesy of Design Within Reach; Y Lighting; Allmodern.com
- Inside the coolest hotels across the countryThe Most Elaborate Holiday Windows Displays
- Predictions for "Girls" Season 3
- 10 Crazy Christmas Houses
- Holiday Decorating Secrets From the Pros
- 10 DIY Blunders, Fixed Forever
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- 8 Daring Ways To Decorate With Orange
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Hot Spots for Holiday Decor
- 7 Rich & Enviable Celebrity Bathrooms
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 8 Essentials Every Home Bar Should Have
- 11 Wildly Creative Christmas Trees
- 10 High-Tech Ways to Survive the Holidays
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- The Very Best Of Americana Today
- Best Tips For Celebrating Thanksgivingukkah
Great Getaways1 of 15
By Martine Bury
Whether you're looking to make an artistic statement or crave a modern lair with clean lines, these seven hotel design destinations will inspire you to amp up the wow factor—no matter where you rest your head.
Hipster Haven2 of 15
A mix of graphic artwork and punchy accessories gives the Heywood Hotel in Austin, Texas, its laid-back feel.
Get the Look3 of 15
To keep things cohesive, choose a piece of art as the focal point and draw inspiration from its colors to help decorate the rest of the space.
The New Romantics4 of 15
In the guestrooms and common areas at SLS South Beach, daring tromp-l'oeil wall treatments and all-white furniture evoke a whimsical otherworldly feel.
Get the Look5 of 15
Use wallpaper to fake architectural details like bookshelves, and add mirrored elements to reflect light around the room.
To the Nines6 of 15
Clean lines, soft textures and a color palette of warm browns, soft whites and pops of red lend an air of grace and refinement to the aptly named Refinery Hotel in N.Y.
Get the Look7 of 15
For a stylish, streamlined effect, pick three materials to highlight in a room: dark wood, a bold striped fabric and polished brass accessories for a touch of warmth.
Gone Glamping8 of 15
Cozy striped blankets and cowhide rugs next to warm fireplaces add rustic luxury at Cresto Ranch, the newest property at Dunton Hot Springs resort near Telluride.
Get the Look9 of 15
Quality items like a heritage blanket, glass-blown lamps and a cowhide rug add a home-on-the-range vibe, but still work in a contemporary space.
High Society10 of 15
At the new Palihouse in Santa Monica, Calif., classic plaid blankets, crisp white bedding and schoolhouse lighting make for a well-worn, preppy style.
Get the Look11 of 15
Stick to pieces in rich colors like gray and raspberry and tactile fabrics like velvet and mohair. Add a graphic pillow for a pop of unexpected color.
Southern Charmer12 of 15
At Zero George in Charleston, S.C., European designs meet coastal comfort: French-style furniture mixes with seagrass rugs and natural linen drapes creating a casual yet elegant retreat.
Get the Look13 of 15
Combine a beachy color palette, gilded accents and classic-shaped furnishings to create a room that's fresh and appealing.
Midcentury Mashup14 of 15
Design classics like Eames and Saarinen anchor the design-conscience decor at the recently opened 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati. The hotel has a dedicated exhibition space, free to the public, that doubles as a contemporary art museum.
Get the Look15 of 15
For an eclectic, mod vibe, blend vibrant colors with warm woods and bright whites.