Living With Style
Our resident lifestyle expert weighs in on a reader's form-fitting fashion dilemma
- Courtesy of Mikki Taylor
The Dilemma: I love this season's trends. As a curvy girl, how do I incorporate neon, pleats or peplum into my wardrobe? —Natasha P.
Mikki's Solution: Be fierce and focused! Instead of a complete wardrobe overhaul, look for pieces that freshen up your look while celebrating your gorgeous curves. Let's address each trend.
1. Neon Brights
The best way to work neon is with bold accessories. Try a fabulous lemony yellow clutch that will work with both solids and prints. Or take a "step in the right direction" by rocking a suede pump in highlighter hues like orange and pink. There's also a wealth of hyper-fresh baubles, including playful earrings, brilliant bracelets and cocktail rings that are a part of fashion's current wave of '80s nostalgia. If you want to go for the season's punchy neon jean, then tread lightly. The key is striking a balance: Pair a tunic-length top with your bold, slim-fitting bottoms.
More On MSN
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds