Living With Style
Our resident lifestyle expert weighs in on a reader's form-fitting fashion dilemma
3. Peplum Waists
You're in luck! Peplum already has balance and proportion built in with its fit and flair shape, so it's a go-to pick. It creates an instant hourglass in the way it cinches the waist, hides a less-than-flat tummy, and highlights curves. Steer clear of multiple layers, asymmetrical hems, pockets, fancy trims, hip details and embellishments. Again, they will add bulk and volume (a curvy girl no-no). Instead, go for a simple, clean shape by shopping for separates. Try a sleeveless top or a soft jacket with peplum finishes. Combine them with existing pieces from your closet such as slim pants or pencil skirts.
Mikki Taylor is a veteran style and beauty authority and author of Commander in Chic: Every Woman's Guide to Managing Her Style Like a First Lady.
Do you have a style or beauty question for Mikki? Send it to LivingWithStyleonGlo@gmail.com and it may be selected for an upcoming column!
More On MSN
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds