My Meet The Parents Scrapbook
- Next1 of 12Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 12Courtesy of Michael Aram
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 12Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 12Courtesy of Aldo
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 12Courtesy of Poo-Pourri
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 12Courtesy of Michael Kors
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 12Courtesy of Shutters Beach Style
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 12Courtesy of Cowshed
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 12Courtesy of Banana Republic
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 12Courtesy of Alexander Wang
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 12Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next12 of 12Glo
- My Meet The Parents Scrapbook9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- A History of Women and Underarm Hair
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- Outrageous Makeup Looks Only Bloggers Will Try
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Gotta Have It
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- Gotta Have It: Daily Animal Finds
- 12 Most Outrageous Brow Trends Ever
- 8 Skin Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making
- What Your Blowout Style Says About You
- Why Every Woman Should Be Using A Facial Oil
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Ombre Nails How-To
- Spring Nail Colors Inspired By Chick Flicks
- 12 Ways To Look Prettier In Under 30 Seconds
- Beauty Secrets We Learned From Jennifer Aniston
Scrapbook_Amy_v011 of 12
Gift for His Mom2 of 12
Before packing any of my own things for this trip, I've got to wow my boyfriend's mom with something special. It's not just about the surprise, but a gift that jibes with her personality and something she will use. This decorative bowl is perfect for the nights she wants to entertain and is a reflection of my style as well.
SHOP NOW: Michael Aram Gooseberry Gold Bowls, $199
Special Occasion3 of 12
Now it's about that first impression dress. Stylish yet safe, I love this polkadot number for a dinner out with the family or even Sunday church service.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie Mullany Dress, $258
Comfortable Sparkle4 of 12
I don't want to be that girl wearing sky-high heels to the family BBQ because I was trying to be over-the-top cute. So, these gladiators are spot-on for a dress-up or dress-down afternoon. Comfortable and cute always scores points.
SHOP NOW: Aldo Gladiator, $60
Just In Case5 of 12
Inevitably, the time will come when I must do my business (if you know what I mean), and I've got to be prepared for the communal bathroom. With this secret weapon, I'll be carefree and no one else will have to know. Whew! Crisis averted.
SHOP NOW: Poo-Pourri Bathroom spray, $15
Flats with Flair6 of 12
A rule of thumb for packing: three pairs of shoes only. One should definitely be a flat peep-toe shoe like this one which works with dresses and jeans. Plus they pack easily, which is a bonus, and prevents that big luggage problem.
SHOP NOW: Michael Kors Sloane Flat, $130
Beach Tote7 of 12
Just in case we take the Jitney up to the Hamptons (for a party or two), this carry-all will be the perfect beach bag and picnic tote for some sun and sand. Towels, sunscreen and my summer reading (32 Candles by Ernessa T. Carter) can all fit comfortably along with the digital cam.
SHOP NOW: Shutters Beach Bag by Joie, $175
Flawless Face8 of 12
Hopping on a plane and changing climates can wreak havoc on the skin. And a pimple would surely ruin my important weekend, so I'm getting proactive with an anti-oxidant facial oil, high in vitamin E, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, that conditions and protects the skin from environmental damage.
SHOP NOW: Cowshed Raspberry Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Oil, $53
Hint of Sass9 of 12
To show a bit of my personality and sassiness, I can rock this animal print belt with fitted jeans and a fitted button down for a sexy, smart look—perfect for just hanging out at the family home and a tour around the hometown.
SHOP NOW: Banana Republic Haircalf Belt, $80
Casual Outing10 of 12
With a crew of young nieces and nephews, I can't be all prissy with fussy clothes, but I'm not abandoning my style for a game of tag. These Grecian-inspired shorts are perfect for going from a game of dominoes to a round of Red Light, Green Light. Tag you're it!
SHOP NOW: Alexander Wang Draped Shorts, $370
Splash of Color11 of 12
A must-pack is a free-flowing dress that can work day-to-night. Plus, I dont have to iron this so it's not high-maintenance, because neither am I. And I have a feeling the BF will love the jersey feel of the frock. Guess who's feeling frisky?
SHOP NOW: Paul & Joe Sister Dress, $225
Now, Create Your Own12 of 12
I used my Glo Scrapbook to create a meet-the-parents strategy— what will you use yours for?