Adult games everyone will want to play
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Frontgate
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Brookstone
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Hayneedle
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of L.L. Bean
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Concrete Classics
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of James DeWulf
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Room & Board
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Design Within Reach
Game On1 of 10
By Andie Huber
Why should the kids have all the fun this summer? We've pulled together nine games that combine thoughtful design with luxe materials, for plenty of grownup good times.
On a Roll2 of 10
This hand-carved mango-wood lawn bowling set is based on the classic English version. Luckily, with no alleys in your lawn, gutter balls are a thing of the past.
SHOP NOW: Pottery Barn vintage bowling set, $129
Ball Washer3 of 10
Practice your short game with this floating golf green. This turf set comes with floating golf balls, flag and tee box.
SHOP NOW: Frontgate floating green, $429
XOXO4 of 10
Tic-tac-toe, blown up to gigantic size, makes the old-school game more fun.
SHOP NOW: Brookstone giant tic-tac-toe, $80
Backyard Birdie5 of 10
Badminton may seem like a leisurely sport, but don't be fooled—shuttlecocks have been recorded reaching speeds up to 200 mph. That's quite a serve to return.
SHOP NOW: Hayneedle Halex classic badminton set, $30
High Stakes6 of 10
Pitching elegant forged-metal horseshoes at a stake 40 feet away will garner cheers from around the barbecue.
SHOP NOW: L.L. Bean horseshoe set, $69
Check Mate7 of 10
Playing chess on a concrete table, like the iconic versions found in New York City parks, is a sophisticated way to spend the afternoon. With room for your cocktail, this is the elegant way to castle.
SHOP NOW: Concrete Classics chess table set, $1,840
Holding Court8 of 10
After dinner is served, keep the party going by transforming the dining table into a place for table tennis. Simply add the clip-on net and it's an instant smash.
SHOP NOW: James DeWulf Ping-Pong table, $7,000
In the Bag9 of 10
Boards in sleek wood and stainless steel are a modern take on the game, known as corn hole, whose popularity has swept America—finding its way into backyards, barbecues and tail-gaiting parties.
SHOP NOW: Room & Board Montego bean bag game, $499
Instant Hit10 of 10
The game of croquet can be traced as far back as 1851. This classic set, made of teak, comes in a handy box for games on-the-go and can accommodate up to four players.
SHOP NOW: DWR teak croquet set, $735
NEXT ON GLO: Today's Most Innovative Outdoor Gear
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds