My New Years (New Home) Resolution
- Next1 of 11Siri Stafford/Thinkstock
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 11Courtesy of the Container Store
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 11Courtesy of New York Botanical Garden
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 11Courtesy of Stacks and Stacks
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 11Courtesy of IKEA
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 11Courtesy of Bloomingdales
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 11Courtesy of Posh Tots
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 11Courtesy of MMA Fighter Apparel
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 11Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 11Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 11Courtesy of Z Gallerie
- My New Years (New Home) ResolutionWhat's your summer entertaining style?
- The best pinners you've never heard of
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The most innovative outdoor gear of all time
- 7 spectacular sunrooms and porches
- Make $$$ this weekend: Garage sale secrets
- Amazing design trends from around the world
- Decorating After Divorce
- 5 Festive Cinco de Mayo Party Finds Under $25
- 10 coolest sentimental mother's day gifts
- The secret to decorating the French way
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- Plant this: 9 ways to liven up your windows
- 21 amazing art gifts for under $50
- The Ultimate Flower Power Lookbook
- The ultimate guide to stress-free parties
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Try these (almost!) free home decor crafts
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
New Year, New You1 of 11
By Amy Elisa Keith
Ring in the New Year by inviting change and just going for it. Whether you are resolving to clean up the clutter or start a veggie garden, get to work with these home solutions and tools to make 2011 the most productive and successful year ever!
Corral Closet Clutter2 of 11
Resolve to get that closet under control with a newly reorganized shelving system sure to keep shoes off the floor and blouses on their hangers.
SHOP NOW: Container Store Elfa Organization System, from $7
Start a Vegetable Garden3 of 11
Get outside and get dirty. Plant a few easy herbs and vegetables for a fun and rewarding hobby this year.
Create a Home Office4 of 11
If you plan to kick off a new entrepreneurial venture, creating a home office doesn’t have to take up an entire room. Make your home serve multiple functions and be stylish too.
SHOP NOW: Stacks and Stacks Corner Desk, $200
Make an In-Home Spa5 of 11
Once you’ve received decadent bath products and beauty salves, store them alongside pretty linens and other pampering necessities in a bookshelf in the bathroom for a spa-like experience. Organization is truly relaxing.
SHOP NOW: Ikea Expedit Bookcase, $70
Eat at Home More Often6 of 11
Dining at restaurants and eating takeout is fun but pricey. Watch the wallet and flex your culinary skills by eating at home more often. And this dinnerware will happily welcome you to the table every night.
SHOP NOW: Kate Spade New York “Laurel Canyon” Dinnerware, from $25
Spend More Time With the Kids7 of 11
Family time is quality time. Play imaginative games and strike up an afternoon of fun with the kids to add a bit of whimsy and energy to your life.
SHOP NOW: Tim’s Turbo Tree House, $8,550
Exercise Regularly8 of 11
Instead of resolving to lose 30 lbs. this year, take the pressure off by simply deciding to exercise on a regular basis. Take a step in the right direction with a set of Kettlebells to get in some bicep curls at home.
SHOP NOW: Kettlebells weights, $28
Be Adventurous9 of 11
Turn things up a notch for the new decade by infusing a bit of adventure into your space. Build your own indoor climbing wall as a fun project that will make you the most popular homeowner in the neighborhood.
Get Organized10 of 11
Paying bills late and forgetting about that art exhibition opening are so 2010. This year, get organized with a home-office assistant.
SHOP NOW: Pottery Barn Daily System in Espresso Stain, from $10
Get Out of Debt11 of 11
Financial savviness is all the rage this coming year. Start saving to pay off credit card debt, or save for that fabulous vacation with this delicate bird bank.
SHOP NOW: Porcelain Bird Bank, $25