streamline your travel
- Next1 of 12Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 12Courtesy of The Conran Shop
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 12Courtesy of Jonathan Adler & The Conran Shop
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 12Courtesy of L.L. Bean
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 12Courtesy of Eagle Creek
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 12Courtesy of Stephanie Johnson
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 12Courtesy of Echo Design
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 12Courtesy of UGG Australia
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 12Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 12Courtesy of Z Gallerie
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 12Courtesy of Phaidon Press
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 12Couetesy of L.L. Bean
- streamline your travelRooms With Awe-Inspiring Views
- Stylish Ideas For An Eco-Friendly Party
- 12 Things You Never Knew About Earth Day
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- The Best 'Mad Men' Inspired Living Rooms
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- 15 Camping Essentials for Coachella & Beyond
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- Gotta Have It
- 7 Inspiring Ways To Use Wallpaper At Home
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- Designers Reveal Their Guilty Decor Pleasures
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- 8 Gorgeous City Gardens to Inspire You
- Stylish Outdoor Decor For Every Budget
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Gotta Have It: Daily Animal Finds
- Spring Cleaning Myths—Busted!
travel warrior Intro_v05_nologo1 of 12living_travel warrior
Case In Point2 of 12
By Ingrid Schmidt
Eliminate time spent trying to I.D. your suitcase in a sea of black, ho-hum bags. This standout case comes with a pack of stickers in 21 colors, so you can create your own, highly recognizable custom design.
SHOP NOW: Dot Drops Cabin Trolley, $250
Bag Tag3 of 12
Adorning your bag with a bold, colorful tag is another way to stand out at the luggage carousal. Make your claim blatant with a "That's Mine" fabric tag that reverses to "Not Yours."
Weighing In4 of 12
Avoid any surprise overweight baggage fees (that tend to be, um, hefty) with this compact digital scale. Simply hook it around your suitcase handle, lift the bag up and it will quickly weigh in as to whether you've got stiletto overload.
SHOP NOW: Balanzza Luggage Scale at L.L. Bean, $25
Space Saver5 of 12
Travel expert Sally Horchow swears by Eagle Creek's Pack-It Folders to compress her clothes. "And I'm a long-time believer in rolling, rather than folding," she says. Horchow also tosses in one-quart Ziploc bags, labeled with a Sharpie, to stash electronics, laundry and souvenirs.
SHOP NOW: Eagle Creek Pack-It Folders, from $24
Glam Getaway6 of 12
"I'm also addicted to Stephanie Johnson cosmetic bags," says Horchow. "She has thought of everything in terms of compartments — I often pop out the mesh pouches and use them separately. Plus, her patterns are adorable!"
SHOP NOW: Stephanie Johnson ML Traveler Case in La Paz, $80
Extra, Extra!7 of 12
Travel light with a jeans-and-tee combo on the road (and a bag filled with interchangeable, neutral separates). Toss in a fabulous scarf or two to ward off in-flight drafts and instantly add a pop of color and sparkle to basics (pretty embellishment eliminates the need for jewelry.)
SHOP NOW: Echo Design's Studded Scarf With Fringe, $98
Get The Boot8 of 12
"Uggs are, hands down, the easiest and most comfortable footwear to travel in, any time of year," says Horchow. "They’re easy to get in and out of through security, and to slip off on a long flight. " You'll get lots of mileage out of this seasonless denim style.
SHOP NOW: UGG Australia's Lo Pro Button Boot in denim, $120
Double-Duty Dressing9 of 12
And what should junior jet-setters wear on the go? Fashion meets function in this plush terry dress that does triple-duty as cozy sleepwear or a sweet beach cover-up.
SHOP NOW: Crewcuts Striped Terry Drawstring Dress, $40
First-Class Accessories10 of 12
Pull it all together in style with these luxe faux croc accessories that hold everything from your passport to your pearls. We love the matching measuring tape (to zero in on those shopping specs).
SHOP NOW: Z Gallerie's Passport Case, $9, Tape Measure, $5, Jewelry Box, $16 and Travel Wallet, $25.
Concierge On Call11 of 12
Whether your destination is Chicago or Cairo, these insider travel guides do all the research for you — from restaurants and hotels to shops, architecture and sights. Now available in app format, to lighten your load that much more.
(Not) Lost In Translation12 of 12
No comprendo? If you're traveling to a non-English-speaking country, don't waste precious time in translation. This pocket-sized whiz offers phrases and translations in 20 languages (plus a currency converter, world time clock and calculator).
SHOP NOW: Lingo Global Traveler 20 Translator, $70