- NextWant It!1 of 9Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 9Courtesy of Rimini
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 9Courtesy of DWR
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 9Courtesy of The Conran Shop
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 9Courtesy of DWR
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 9Courtesy of West Elm
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 9Courtesy of IKEA
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 9Courtesy of Room and Board
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 9Courtesy of Coolaroo
- Shelter MeSOLD! How to Buy at Auctions
- How to Throw an "Indie" Fourth of July Party
- 8 clever ways to hide your home's eyesores
- 10 Annoying Cleaning Hassles Made Easier
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- What's your summer entertaining style?
- The secret to decorating the French way
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- Plant this: 9 ways to liven up your windows
- What You Need to Know About Outdoor Kitchens
- Designer decor for a steal
- Stop making these lighting mistakes
- The best pinners you've never heard of
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- The most innovative outdoor gear of all time
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- 7 spectacular sunrooms and porches
- Make $$$ this weekend: Garage sale secrets
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty1 of 9
By Ingrid Schmidt
We all love our place in the sun, but let's be practical — sometimes we need to take cover. These outdoor umbrellas (picked by Remodelista) offer stylish solutions.
BUY NOW: Pottery Barn Umbrella, from $99
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty2 of 9
This traditional parasol, with brass fittings and an old-school pulley system, is sturdy enough to withstand the most wild summer storm (or soirée). Also in a pretty oyster (um) shade.
BUY NOW: Rimini Circular Parasol, $899
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty3 of 9
Less is more. I mean, sunning doesn't get any more chic simple than this. This set-up is obsession-worthy (plus, we want to run out and accessorize it with a '50s-style swimsuit and cocktail shaker).
BUY NOW: DWR's Mid-Century Sunshade, $850
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty4 of 9
Three reasons to love this handcrafted canopy: the beautiful bamboo pole; a serene pool-blue color; it looks like the blown-up version of a kitschy cocktail umbrella. (Margaritas not included).
BUY NOW: The Conran Shop's Bamboo Parasol, $225
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty5 of 9
The cutting-edge Razor canopy spins 360 degrees; it's asymmetrical design (developed by a marine expert) follows the sun, leaving you ever-cool. (We love it in sleek silver.)
BUY NOW: DWR's Tucci Razor shade, $1,148
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: 99 More Outdoor Ideas
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty6 of 9
You've got it made in the shade with this clean, understated parasol at a price that won't break the bank (hurry, it's on sale right now).
BUY NOW: Four-Panel Umbrella, $58
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: Galvanized Planters
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty7 of 9
This hanging umbrella pairs with pretty much any style of table and takes backyard dining under cover, so you can enjoy the great outdoors even more.
BUY NOW: Ikea's Karlso Umbrella, $149
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty8 of 9
This sunny shade has a push-button tilt to easily angle it into that perfect sunblock setting. Also in black, white and taupe.
BUY NOW: Room and Board's Maui Umbrella, $249
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: 10 Great Water Carafes
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty9 of 9
The real slim shady? These cool 16-foot shade sails come in various colors and sizes, so you can create your own custom-designed shading system.
BUY NOW: Coolaroo Triangle Shade Sail, $140
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: A Top-Of-The-Line Tarp
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds