The ultimate girl's guide to camping
- Next1 of 14Photo by Mel Barlow courtesy of Shelter Co.
- Previous Next2 of 14Photo by Mel Barlow courtesy of Shelter Co.
- Previous Next3 of 14Courtesy of Scout
- Previous Next4 of 14Courtesy of Airstream
- Previous Next5 of 14Courtesy of Frykat
- Previous Next6 of 14Courtesy of Whimsy and Spice
- Previous Next7 of 14Courtesy of Singita
- Previous Next8 of 14Glo
- Previous Next9 of 14Photo by Caroline Brandes
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next11 of 14Photo by Laure Joliet
- Previous Next12 of 14Courtesy of Mexchic
- Previous Next13 of 14Courtesy of Terrain
- Previous Next14 of 14Courtesy of Good Intent
- The ultimate girl's guide to camping10 Lust-Worthy Summer Cabins
- Remake these lavish floral displays at home
- 21 amazing art gifts for under $50
- What's your summer entertaining style?
- 8 Daring Ways To Decorate With Orange
- 11 Wildly Creative Christmas Trees
- 10 High-Tech Ways to Survive the Holidays
- 7 Rich & Enviable Celebrity Bathrooms
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- The Very Best Of Americana Today
- Plant this: 9 ways to liven up your windows
- The Ultimate Flower Power Lookbook
- The secret to decorating the French way
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Hot Spots for Holiday Decor
- Best Tips For Celebrating Thanksgivingukkah
- The Lazy Person's Guide to Holiday Decorating
- 7 Inspiring Before-and-After Room Makeovers
The Glam Plan1 of 14
By Stacey Lindsay for Remodelista
You don't have to sacrifice comfort or convenience to enjoy a night under the stars. These cool gear picks and luxe setups all prove that this camping can be just as glamorous (and cushy!) as it is fun.
Checking In2 of 14
Husband and wife team Mike and Kelsey Sheofsky run Shelter Co., a pop-up camping "hotel" that provides idyllic camp settings along the California coast. Airy and spacious tents come with fully made beds, Pendleton blankets, leather butterfly chairs and seagrass rugs. Even better? A "camp butler" is available on site to help with fire building, supply replenishments and more.
ON REMODELSITA: Camping gets a seriously glamorous makeover
Pitch Perfect3 of 14
A simple cream-and-gray palette lends a modern, minimalist vibe to this single-pole tent. Made in the USA, the natural canvas material acts as a barrier against rain and wind—just in case the weather takes a turn.
SHOP NOW: Single-pole tent, $982
ON REMODELISTA: Camping with a side of cowboy
Have a Seat4 of 14
Airstream, the company synonymous with iconic trailer design, also offers timeless accessories for a variety of outdoor adventures. This camping chair, made of stainless steel with charcoal tweed fabric, is a stylish yet durable seat around the campfire.
SHOP NOW: Zip Dee fold-up chair, $102
ON REMODELISTA: Camp-style chairs with an appealing design
What's Cookin'?5 of 14
Everything tastes a little better when cooked and eaten in the great outdoors—prepare veggie kebobs, fresh fish and more on this retro-style portable grill.
SHOP NOW: Frykat picnic charcoal grill, $70
ON REMODELISTA: Camping à la Wes Anderson
Gooey Goodness6 of 14
Sitting around a campfire with grocery-store-bought s'mores is okay but for a refined experience, try Brooklyn confectioners Whimsy and Spice S’mores kit. Each box features homemade marshmallows, artisan graham cracker shortbread cookies and squares of Madécasse chocolate.
SHOP NOW: S’Mores kit, $18
ON REMODELISTA: Kitchens that makes us never want to cook indoors again
Natural Wonder7 of 14
At Singita Mara River resort in Tanzania, you can fall asleep amid netted canvas walls, crisp white sheets and romantic mosquito netting. The sustainable camp offers guests the utmost in luxury and style.
ON REMODELISTA: A vacation of a lifetime
Blanket Statement8 of 14
Hudson Bay has been keeping folks warm, both indoors and out, for decades. Their Millennium Point Blanket features the company's same iconic stripes in a neutral yet more modern palette.
SHOP NOW: Millenium Point blanket, $295
On Air9 of 14
If you're looking to enjoy the outdoors, but still want a solid roof over your head at night, an Airstream expedition may be for you. Big Sur Getaway, located along California's Central Coast, provides the perfect middle ground for adventurers seeking a bit of rustic charm, a bit of glam, and plenty of scenery.
ON REMODELISTA: A Chic Stay in Vienna—Camper Included
Light the Way10 of 14
With a 20-hour burn time, this heat-resistant glass lantern will add ample light and a dose of sunshine yellow to your night under the stars.
SHOP NOW: Glass globe oil lantern, $40
ON REMODELISTA: Casting A Glow
Color Coded11 of 14
Pink and green put a bright spin on this lean-to tent. A collaborative piece between L.A.-based Scout Regalia and N.Y.-based Reunion, all proceeds from the sale of this punchy camping piece go to the Brooklyn Recovery Fund for local Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
SHOP NOW: Lean-to tent, $185
ON REMODELISTA: Camping gets colorful
Drop & Roll12 of 14
Spread this hand-loomed blanket from Southern Mexico on the floor of your tent for an added cozy layer between you and the ground, or use it to cover up on chilly nights..
SHOP NOW: Vintage hand-loomed Mexican wool blanket, $250
On Fire13 of 14
If you lack the skills (or desire) to chop wood and start a fire, consider this instant campfire-on-the-go by Terrain. The dry-kiln log can easily be lit with a match, providing almost two hours of burn time.
SHOP NOW: Bonfire Log, $28
ON REMODELISTA: Bonfire and the Vanities: The Ultimate Campfire Essentials
Rest Easy14 of 14
This sleeping bag will add color and whimsy to your tent's interiors. Made of unbleached Indian cotton, the bags come in a range of prints, colors and sizes and can be completely unzipped to create a large comforter at home.
SHOP NOW: Sleeping bag, starting at $99
ON REMODELISTA: A sleeping bag for the stylish