How to turn your closet into a home office
- Next1 of 7Glo
- Previous Next2 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Jennifer Jones, I Heart Organizing
- Previous Next3 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Frisson
- Previous Next4 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Rossington Architecture; Photo: Reflex Imaging
- Previous Next5 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Margaret Everton
- Previous Next6 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Mercedes Corbell Design + Architecture
- Previous Next7 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Cynthia Mason Interiors
- How to turn your closet into a home officefrom houzz: discover your kitchen style
- 10 easy ways to upgrade a man cave
- 10 unbelievably easy (and fast!) DIY ideas
- Wacky home accents that work
- Make $$$ this weekend: Garage sale secrets
- Amazing design trends from around the world
- 21 amazing art gifts for under $50
- 5 Festive Cinco de Mayo Party Finds Under $25
- 10 coolest sentimental mother's day gifts
- Gotta Have It: Mother's Day Finds
- Sweater dressing your space
- 15 Amazing pools from around the world
- Stylish home decor for every budget
- The Ultimate Flower Power Lookbook
- The ultimate guide to stress-free parties
- Decorating After Divorce
- Try these (almost!) free home decor crafts
- Glo's latest obsession: Hi-tech finds
- Ellen DeGeneres's relaxing ranch retreat
Office Space1 of 7
You may not have an entire room to devote to a home office, but if you have a spare closet, then you can make that space work overtime. Here is some office-in-a-closet design inspiration to get you started.
Hang in There2 of 7
The organizing system in this office keeps items like scissors and pens off the desktop.
ON HOUZZ: 8 Steps to a Winning Filing System
Good on Paper3 of 7
Make the area feel special by using wallpaper or a fun color on the interior walls.
ON HOUZZ: Top Home Decorating Colors
Go Vertical4 of 7
Take advantage of a closet's height but adding shelves all the way to the top.
ON HOUZZ: 10 Amazing Master Closets
Get Wired5 of 7
Figure out what needs to be plugged in and have an electrician provide the proper outlets for lighting and electronic equipment.
ON HOUZZ: Find a Local Electrician
For Good Measure6 of 7
Some closets are only slightly deeper than the width of a hanger. Place your binders on the closet floor and shut the door to see that these items will fit in the space.
Double Duty Furniture7 of 7
Don't have a closet? Armoires and secretary desks offer small spaces at home, while storing most of your home office necessities.