Unlikely Design Icon: The Explorer
- Next1 of 16Glo
- Previous Next2 of 16Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous Next3 of 16Courtesy of Barneys
- Previous Next4 of 16Courtesy of David Hanauer
- Previous Next5 of 16Courtesy of Alessi
- Previous Next6 of 16Courtesy of Fitzsu
- Previous Next7 of 16Courtesy of Museum of Modern Art
- Previous Next8 of 16Courtesy of A+R Store
- Previous Next9 of 16Courtesy of Restoration Hardware
- Previous Next10 of 16Courtesy of Horchow
- Previous Next11 of 16Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next12 of 16Courtesy of Pier1
- Previous Next13 of 16Courtesy of Pioneer Linens
- Previous Next14 of 16Courtesy of Black+Blum
- Previous Next15 of 16Courtesy of notNeutral
- Previous Next16 of 16Courtesy of Barney's
- Unlikely Design Icon: The ExplorerPredictions for "Girls" Season 3
- Holiday Decorating Secrets From the Pros
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 8 Daring Ways To Decorate With Orange
- 11 Wildly Creative Christmas Trees
- 10 High-Tech Ways to Survive the Holidays
- 7 Rich & Enviable Celebrity Bathrooms
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- The Very Best Of Americana Today
- 8 Essentials Every Home Bar Should Have
- 10 DIY Blunders, Fixed Forever
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Hot Spots for Holiday Decor
- Best Tips For Celebrating Thanksgivingukkah
- The Lazy Person's Guide to Holiday Decorating
- 7 Inspiring Before-and-After Room Makeovers
Intro_v01a1 of 16
Around The World2 of 16
You will have little excuse not knowing where Yakutsk is with this chic map wall decal. Easier to install and remove than wallpaper, this wall decal lifts off without leaving a mark. Now, if only studying for a geography exam were that easy!
SHOP NOW: Map Wall Decal, $129
Coming Full Circle3 of 16
It's a small world after all when you have it at your fingertips. Designed by Danish designers Henrik Holbaek and Claus Jensen and made in Italy, this globe is sure to make an international statement on any explorer's desk.
SHOP NOW: Atmosphere Full-Circle Globe, $265
Geography Test4 of 16
Create an optical illusion at your next dinner party. Your guests will never guess that this cool, ultra-sophisticated rug is actually an aerial photograph of 6th and Flower Streets in Los Angeles. Who knew?
SHOP NOW: Worldwide Carpets, from $1,100
Architectural Wonder5 of 16
Whether used for your next tea party or to adorn a shelf, these architecturally inspired limited-edition Alessi coffee and tea towers designed by Gary Chang come with the official Alessi stamp, artist's monogram, year of production, legal ID mark and hallmark. These souvenirs convey sophistication, originality and a healthy dose of wit.
SHOP NOW: Coffee and Tea Towers, price available upon request
Ahoy, Mate6 of 16
Traveling one of the seven seas means making sure you can steer on a foggy night. While using smokeless and odorless oils, this nautical-inspired lamp will help navigate your table in a modern, design-savvy way.
SHOP NOW: Ship's Lamp, from $635
Panoramic Beauty7 of 16
Nothing captures the memories unless you have the ultimate travel camera. The Sprocket Rocket panoramic analog camera features a super-wide angle lens. Each frame is 106 degrees, the length of two standard 35mm frames.
SHOP NOW: Sprocket Rocket Camera, from $90
Navigation System8 of 16
Put away that iPhone app and opt for a timeless classic. This wooden compass makes any desk feel well traveled. Made of locally harvested new-growth wood and from a company that plants a new tree whenever one is used in production, this compass makes the perfect gift for the ultimate traveler in your life.
SHOP NOW: Wood Compass, $24
Travel Wisely9 of 16
Look no further for the most perfect home office nook. You have successfully reached your final destination with this leather reproduction antique steamer trunk. Best of all, it closes for storage and privacy.
Hunting & Gathering10 of 16
Display your latest hunt with this natural cowhide rug stenciled with zebra stripes. With international flair and the chic camel and white color palette, add instant sophistication to any room.
SHOP NOW: Cream "Zebra" Hide Rug, from $609
Time Out11 of 16
Making sure your friend in London is awake to Skype has always been tricky. Now, with this sleek and stylish time zone wall clock, you will always know what time it is virtually anywhere.
SHOP NOW: Karlsson Wall Clock Worldtime Aluminum, $70
World History12 of 16
This 17th-century inspired antiqued wooden map will bring old world global flair into any home.
SHOP NOW: World Map Wall Art, $200
Final Destination13 of 16
Rest easy knowing the way to a night full of peaceful Z's. These compass motif bed linens can lead the way.
SHOP NOW: Stella Bed Linens, from $68
Take Flight14 of 16
Fasten your seat belts! This propeller-inspired fan is sure to keep you cool—in more ways than one.
SHOP NOW: Propello Fan, from $140
Map It15 of 16
Dessert has never tasted or looked so international! These city map plates by NotNeutral are a chic way to show off your well-traveled ways.
SHOP NOW: City Plates, from $50
Safari Seeker16 of 16
If you missed out on a safari trip to Africa this year, then bring your travels home with these giraffe- and zebra-inspired throw pillows, made of pony and leather. No home is complete without a little animal magnetism.