Valentines Day Alternatives for Single People
- Next1 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next2 of 11Valentine's Day: New Line Cinema/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 11Sideways: Fox Searchlight/Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 11Julie & Julia: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 11Ghost: Paramount Pictures / Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 11Butterfield 8: MGM / Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 11Bucket List: Warner Bros./Photofest
- Previous Next8 of 11Knocked Up: Universal Studios/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 11I Know What You Did Last Summer: Columbia/Photofest
- Previous Next10 of 11Just Wright: Photofest/Fox Searchlight Pictures
- Previous Next11 of 11How Stella Got Her Groove Back: 20th Century Fox/Photofest
- Valentines Day Alternatives for Single PeopleCheck out the all-new MSN Living!
- Household items everyone needs now
- Luxurious kitchens for less
- What Your Grocer Won't Tell You
- Plant this: 9 ways to liven up your windows
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- 7 spectacular sunrooms and porches
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- An hour-by-hour guide to the best day ever
- 8 most outrageous toys of summer
- Vacations Destinations of the Rich & Famous
- Clean Sweep
- Unlikely design icon: The goldsmith
- Make $$$ this weekend: Garage sale secrets
- Amazing design trends from around the world
- 21 amazing art gifts for under $50
- The Ultimate Flower Power Lookbook
- The ultimate guide to stress-free parties
- Decorating After Divorce
All The Single Ladies1 of 11
Romance, schromance. If you haven’t quite found your soul mate, there are fun ways to spend Feb. 14 without watching Love Actually in bed. Who needs a candlelight dinner with your sweetheart? Instead, here are some fun ways to make this Valentine's Day your best one yet.
Pity Party2 of 11
Get all your single friends together for a "down with love" party, like Jen Garner did in the movie Valentine's Day. Might we suggest a heart-shaped piñata, strong cocktails, and drunk dialing old boyfriends?
Road Trip3 of 11
Hit the road and get out of town. Drive to a nearby winery for a day of swirl, sip and spit to forget all about that guy who never called and those girls at work who shoved their bouquets of roses in your face.
Take a Cooking Class4 of 11
Don't sit home moping around; get out and do something fun like taking a cooking class. Who knows, maybe you'll unleash your inner Julia Child (except much hotter) and cook your way to the man of your dreams next year.
ON BING: Cooking Classes
Recreate Romance5 of 11
Ah, few movie scenes are as romantic as this one from Ghost. Channel your inner Demi by taking a pottery class on Feb 14th to recreate the magic of the film or to discover a new hobby.
Lace & Laundry6 of 11
Just because you're home with a pile of dirty clothes and no hot date doesn't mean you have to look like a spinster. Throw on that new nightie and start cleaning. We guarantee that you'll feel sexy with your dirty martini and Swiffer WetJet in hand.
Seek the Thrills7 of 11
Go big or go home, ladies! Take the day to renew your love of life by trying an extreme sport like skydiving. Jumping out of a plane at 10,000 ft. will not only give you a serious blowout, but it will reignite the flame of living life to the fullest.
ON BING: Extreme Sports
Hang With the Kids8 of 11
Whether you play house with your nieces or take the little ones to a Build-A-Bear workshop, surround yourself with fun, childish energy. After two hours of screaming and pizza, you'll be so happy your are single and child-free (at least for now).
Movie Marathon9 of 11
Nothing says "love sucks" like a horror movie marathon. Rent a bunch of flicks and cuddle up with a bag of popcorn and a bottle of wine for a screamfest.
Game Time10 of 11
Steer clear of any girlie romance by opting for a masculine activity like going to a car show or basketball game. Whether you meet a guy at the game or simply enjoy cheering on your favorite team, the night will be a blast.
Girlfriend Getaway11 of 11
When in doubt, get the girlfriends together for a day of pampering to remind yourself of how fabulous you truly are. Shoot, it's just one day, and then the heart-shaped balloons, chocolate boxes and annoying long-stem roses will all be in the trash by week's end.
ON BING: Spa Treatments
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- The best news we've heard all week
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests