- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Steven Keating Courtesy of E. Cobb Architects
- Previous Next3 of 11Steven Keating Courtesy of E. Cobb Architects
- Previous Next4 of 11Patric Johannson
- Previous Next5 of 11Patric Johansson
- Previous Next6 of 11Tim Bies
- Previous Next7 of 11Tim Bies
- Previous Next8 of 11Steven Keating
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy Fjallnas Reserve
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy Fjallnas Reserve
- Previous Next11 of 11Steven Keating
- Wintery Cabins11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- 10 Bad Decorating Habits To Quit Now
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- 10 Home Products That Will Change Your Life
- The 10 Germiest Spots You're Not Cleaning
- Can Your Home Make You Happier?
- The Most Outrageous Wedding Demands Ever
- 7 Ideas to Transform Your Bookshelves
- 10 Ways You're Organizing All Wrong
- Surprising New Uses For Everyday Items
- 12 Ways To Update A Room For Less Than $15
- The World's Most Spectacular Saunas & Tubs
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- 10 Tricks to Make Any Room Appear Bigger
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- High-Fashion Finds for the Home and Beyond
- Chinese New Year Fun Facts
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Valentine Finds
INTRO_Cabin_Fever1 of 11
Cliff Hanger2 of 11
This modern mountain cabin by Seattle-based architect Eric Cobb is at once dramatic and unobtrusive. The cantilevered top floor captures more space and great views.
ON REMODELISTA: Architect Visit: Cascade Lake House
Snow Day3 of 11
Built for an active family, this year-round mountain retreat by E. Cobb Architects doesn't limit the fun to the outdoors. The architects incorporated a climbing wall, secret passages, bunk beds and plenty of chalkboards to keep everyone busy—blizzard or not.
ON REMODELISTA: Minimalist Modern Cabin in Switzerland
One With Nature4 of 11
The Mountain House by PS Arkitektur is a contemporary take on a traditional alpine cottage. The unimposing barn-like architecture typical of the Northern Sweden gives a hint of the simple, modern interior. And we love the unexpected antlers hanging by the front door.
ON REMODELISTA: White Antler Racks
Out Of The Woods5 of 11
Plywood walls and ceiling combined with wooden floorboards—not to mention a wood-burning stove and well-placed hide rugs—add warmth and a rustic charm to PS Arkitektur's modern cabin.
ON REMODELISTA: Mountain House Cabins in Sweden
Seen & Herd6 of 11
Evoking Thoreau's simple cabin in the woods, the small modern rolling huts by Olson Kundig Architects are positioned as a herd on an open field nestled in Methow Valley. The wheels lift the single-story abodes off the ground to provide views and limit impact on the land.
ON REMODELISTA: Seattle Artist's Studio by Olson Kundig Architects
Haute Huts7 of 11
The Rolling Huts are designed to be several steps above camping but similarly low-tech. The interiors are heated by stoves and are clad in plywood. Fans, take note: The huts are available for rent at Rollinghuts.com.
ON REMODELISTA: Gstaad Alpine Hut
Hit The Slopes8 of 11
A modest mountain cabin by Balance Associates and captured by Steven Keating is tucked on a slope in Washington's Cascade mountains. Concrete walls form two terraces; the upper terrace contains the bedrooms and a bath, while the living area is on the lower terrace.
Snow Queen9 of 11
Sweden's oldest mountain accommodations, Fjallnas Reserve, was built in 1882 as a retreat for Swedish royalty. The traditional exterior of the main building gives way to interiors that are decidedly contemporary.
ON REMODELISTA: Fjallnas Reserve in Sweden
Winter White10 of 11
Inside Fjallnas Reserve rooms and cabins, the abundance of white and contemporary furniture is warmed up with slate and scrubbed pine surfaces, wool upholstery, sheepskin pillows and throws, and Josef Frank fabrics.
ON REMODELISTA: Modern Norwegian Mountain Cabins
Walk The Plank11 of 11
The abundance of natural materials warms up this simple wooden space. Every room has doors that open to the outside, even the bathroom, which opens to an outdoor bath for use in the summer months.
ON REMODELISTA: Pine Forest Cabin by Balance Associates