Random Acts of Kindness for Everyday
- Next1 of 13Nick Dolding/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 13Liquorice/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 13Image Source/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 13Martin Rettenbacher/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 13RyanJLane/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 13Cultura RM/Philipp Nemenz/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 13Carmen MartA-nez BanAs/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 13Jupiterimages/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 13Squaredpixels/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 13Image Source/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 13Nick Dolding/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 13Tetra Images - Jamie Grill/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 13MACIEJ NOSKOWSKI/Getty Images
- Random Acts of Kindness for EverydayHow to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- How Birth Order Affects Your Relationships
- Surprising Ways to Spice Up Your Marriage
- 20 "Good" Mistakes You Made in Your 20s
- April Fools' Pranks to Play On Your Partner
- 11 Amazing Images & Moments From 1954
- Married and not over your ex? How to deal
- 10 Traits That Cheating Guys Have in Common
- Ken Looks Back at 53 Years of Barbie
- 12 Things Men Never Notice About Women
- 8 Books to Read Before Seeing the Movie
- What to Shop, Watch & Read in April
- Nighttime Rituals That Will Improve Your Day
- 8 Morning Rituals to Improve Your Entire Day
- Unorthodox Parenting Techniques That Work
- 8 Things You Never Knew About Your Dreams
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
Random Acts of Kindness1 of 13
By Denise Wolfe
We're not saying we believe in karma, but there is something to be said for putting good vibes out into the world and how that comes back to you in positive ways. To help you bank some karma points, here are 12 random acts of kindness for every day.
Mail Bonding2 of 13
Has someone else's mail been mistakenly delivered to your office (right building, wrong floor)? Take it personally to the right suite—you never know who you might meet!
On a Roll3 of 13
Return your grocery cart after you've loaded up your trunk. You can even grab an empty cart from the parking lot to use when you first enter the market. Not only is it one (or two) less carts for a worker to have to gather, other shoppers won't have to contend with a rogue cart in their parking spot.
Take the High Road4 of 13
Instead of ignoring the frustrated driver trying to get into your lane, slow down and let them in. Hopefully they'll acknowledge you with a grateful wave. But even if they don't, take solace in knowing that you're having a better day than they are.
Laud & Clear5 of 13
Pay someone a compliment—even better if you don't know them all that well. Maybe your local barista makes the perfect extra-dry, double-shot, almond-milk latte every time. Let them know.
Close Call6 of 13
If someone leaves a long but important message on your voicemail for so-and-so, but there's no such person at your number, call or text the original caller and alert them to their mistake. Otherwise, the right person will never know that their account is now overdrawn, that escrow needs another signature, or that there's a special package to be delivered.
Hang in There7 of 13
Pick up some clothes that have dropped to the floor at a department store. Yes, there are sales assistants who are paid to do that sort of thing, but wouldn't you rather they be at the register, ready to help you when you need them?
Taking Names8 of 13
Concentrate on remembering the name of a person to whom you are introduced, and use their name in conversation. It's social lubrication, and an easy way to make that someone feel special.
Channel Pollyanna9 of 13
Consciously refrain from sarcasm or anger for an entire day. Note your animosity, but choose not to act on it. Remain calm and friendly. Observe the difference in how people react.
Trash Talk10 of 13
Wipe down the counter after you're done using the office kitchen. Yes, everyone should be cleaning up after themselves, but if you don't do it, eventually someone else will have to—and chances are it wasn't their mess either.
Hit Send11 of 13
Send a "Just thinking about you" text message to a friend you haven't talked to in way too long. You know how delightful an unexpected greeting can be—pass it on.
The Write Stuff12 of 13
Pen a hand-written thank you note. It's amazing how people react to receiving mail that isn't a bill or an advertisement!
Say Cheese!13 of 13
Smile. What could be easier than that?
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- Couples, what your sleep position reveals
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds