10 Sexy G-Rated Activities
- Next1 of 11Creatas Images/Thinkstock
- Previous Next2 of 11Jeremy Maude/Thinkstock
- Previous Next3 of 11Stockbyte/Thinkstock
- Previous Next4 of 11Nick White/Thinkstock
- Previous Next5 of 11Jupiterimages/Thinkstock
- Previous Next6 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next7 of 11Michael Blann/Thinkstock
- Previous Next8 of 11Brand X Pictures/Thinkstock
- Previous Next9 of 11Jupiterimages/Thinkstock
- Previous Next10 of 11Rayes/Thinkstock
- Previous Next11 of 11Creatas Images/Thinkstock
- 10 Sexy G-Rated ActivitiesThe 7 best things about being an aunt
- What would Khaleesi do?
- The next best thing to therapy
- Transgender Journey: My first year as a woman
- 11 Love Lessons From Gatsby and His Golden Girl
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- 7 tips to help you master the art of small talk
- Mother's Day Fun Facts
- How to become a grownup in 10 steps
- Save the Date: 13 things to do this month
- A Gemini's guide to life, love & style
- 9 unconventional date night ideas
- Guybrids: Amazing men we wish existed
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 11 things men wish you knew about them
- 10 compliments men hate getting
- The best parenting tweets of the month
- 8 secrets of happy moms
- Should you pull a Mila-and-Ashton?
A Modest Proposal1 of 11
These tips from our friends at YourTango prove that you don't have to be sexual to be sexy. Try any of these seemingly tame activities to give your relationship a boost, any time. —Glo
Flattery2 of 11
"O, flatter me; for love delights in praises," writes Shakespeare, the grand bard of romance. Flattery is key to foreplay. Words of affirmation build confidence, and there's nothing sexier than confidence. Throughout the day, make a conscious effort to flatter your mate. Simple compliments are "the glues that seal love's compact," says Willis Goth Regier in In Praise of Flattery.
Choreplay3 of 11
This one is specifically for men. Fellas, if you want to get your lady in the mood, help out around the house! Research shows that having a man help with chores makes a woman more eager to get busy in bed. Help put her mental to-do list to rest and you’ll free up space for her to focus on having fun.
Be Active4 of 11
One might say the couple that sweats together stays together. When you get the blood pumping, endorphins and adrenaline release and make you feel happier. When a couple shares this instant mood boost, positive associations towards one another and about the relationship are created. Go for a bike ride, run or hike together, and then spend the cool-down period helping the other stretch.
Read Aloud5 of 11
Free from technology's distractions, it's just you, him and a shared imagination. This intimate activity is a great opportunity to get a sense of your partner's interior space. Take turns reading pages while cuddling on the couch. Try Ovid (he's sexy, just give him a chance) or, for something more contemporary, Paulo Coelho's 11 Minutes.
Play With Your Kids6 of 11
This may sound counterintuitive, but when a couple plays with their children oxytocin (or the “cuddle hormone”) is released, reinforcing their bond as mates and setting the mood for further intimacy down the line. Children are, after all, a product of love; enjoying them together will energize a couple's connection and their desire to create more.
Hold Hands7 of 11
"Hand-holding is an anywhere, anytime activity that can wordlessly communicate everything from 'we're together' to 'let's get it on,'" says Shela Dean, YourTango relationship expert and author of Frequent Foreplay Miles. "Extra attention to fingertips and the spot between fingers stimulates the production of oxytocin and other hormones that trigger the urge to get close — really close.”
Cook Together8 of 11
The heat of the kitchen, the casual brush-by as you pass in tight quarters. Add even more heat by choosing foods that are aphrodisiacs. Oysters and chocolate are passion-inducing standbys, and recent scent research shows the combined scent of pumpkin and lavender increases blood flow to a man's erogenous zones.
ON YOURTANGO: Would You Go Vegan for Love?
Eat Together9 of 11
While breaking bread with another person is a sign of familiarity, how you do it can be a reflection of intimacy. Feeding each other bites of food from one another's plates can be highly erotic. Or forget the silverware completely and use your hands as utensils. Devouring popsicles while sustaining eye contact is an old favorite that will be sure to get anybody in the mood.
Change It Up10 of 11
Sometimes it doesn't matter what you are doing together so long as it is different and gets you out of your routine. Normally see the period piece at the movies? Go for the action flick instead. Experiencing new things together makes you eager for more shared adventures, in and out of the bedroom.
ON YOURTANGO: 10 Things Men Love About Women
Gaze at Each Other11 of 11
As Ethan Hawke’s character in Before Sunrise describes it, have a Quaker wedding: “The couple kneels in front of the whole congregation, and they just stare at each other ... nobody says a word unless they feel that God moves them to speak. After an hour or so of just staring at each other, they're married.” We suggest trying it for three minutes.
ON YOURTANGO: How to Kiss Well
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds