10 Things You Can't Change About a Woman
- Next1 of 11Fuse/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11Paul Bradbury/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Tara Moore/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 11webphotographeer/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 11Image Source/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 11Cavan Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11Fuse/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Benjamin Regali/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11Rekha Garton/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Paul Bradbury/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Biddiboo/Getty Images
For Better or Worse1 of 11
Yes, relationships are all about compromise, but there are some things that you can't expect to change about your partner. Here, a guide to loving a woman just the way she is.
Jean Theory2 of 11
If a woman doesn't wear short skirts and dresses now (except on special occasions), she's not going to all of a sudden start donning them—even if you ask her nicely. Some of us really are just jeans-and-tee girls.
Palling Around3 of 11
Men, do not try too hard to make sense of the strange and mysterious dynamics of female friendships. We can be annoyed by our pals one day, adoring of them the next. Haven't you seen Girls?
Sweet Dreams4 of 11
If there's one place where chivalry should never die, it's in the bedroom. So don't mess with a woman's pillows, or try to claim her side of the bed.
Guilty Pleasure5 of 11
Whether it's watching trashy reality TV or reading the latest gossip rags, every woman—even one with a Ph.D. in comparative literature—enjoys the occasional mindless escape.
The Little Things6 of 11
Many women have the unique ability to fixate on the tiniest of details—especially when it comes to home decor. Whether it's finding just the right rug (at just the right price) for the living room or choosing a new fabric for the bedroom, these things take time. Men, please be patient.
Prep Time7 of 11
Speaking of being patient... a woman's beauty routine is just that: a routine—from towel-drying her hair before blowing it out (one section at a time) to blotting her lipstick, re-applying, then blotting again. Even the most low-maintenance woman probably still has a process that can't be totally eliminated.
Food for Thought8 of 11
She refuses to eat steak, but loves a good burger. She asks for the dressing on the side, but orders the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. It's best not to question these inconsistencies or try to change them. It's called rationalization.
Listen Up9 of 11
As women, we have a unique ability to tune out anything we'd rather not hear. You want to know when we're going to be done getting ready? "I'm sorry, did you say something?"
Loud & Clear10 of 11
While on the topic of tuning out, a woman can like music and not love concerts. Some of us just aren't wired to enjoy being up-close and personal with 130 decibels of rock and roll.
The Price Is Right11 of 11
When it comes to money, many women have a selective memory. She may not remember how much the gas bill was last month but she can probably remember how much she paid for a coat over three years ago.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds