10 People You Meet at Every NYE Party
- Next1 of 10Boogie Nights: New Line/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 10When Harry Met Sally: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 10Holiday Inn: Paramount Pictures / Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 10New Year's Eve: Warner Bros. Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 10200 Cigarettes: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 10About A Boy: Universal/Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 10Gold Rush: Charles Chaplin/Photofest
- Previous Next8 of 10Bridget Jones's Diary: Miramax Films/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 10Holiday: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next10 of 10Sunset Boulevard: Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- 10 People You Meet at Every NYE Party10 Things Guys Really Do After a Breakup
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- 8 Books to Read Before Seeing the Movie
- What to Shop, Watch & Read in April
- 20 "Good" Mistakes You Made in Your 20s
- 8 Morning Rituals to Improve Your Entire Day
- Unorthodox Parenting Techniques That Work
- Married and not over your ex? How to deal
- How Birth Order Affects Your Relationships
- Surprising Ways to Spice Up Your Marriage
- 12 Things Men Never Notice About Women
- April Fools' Pranks to Play On Your Partner
- 11 Amazing Images & Moments From 1954
- Nighttime Rituals That Will Improve Your Day
- 10 Traits That Cheating Guys Have in Common
- Ken Looks Back at 53 Years of Barbie
- 8 Things You Never Knew About Your Dreams
Party People1 of 10
Taking inspiration from famous New Year's Eve films and scenes, we've rounded up the different types people—both inebriated and sobering—you're bound to encounter on Dec. 31st.
The Kissing Couple2 of 10
We've got nothing against When Harry Met Sally or the movie's iconic New Year's Eve kiss, but woe to that real-life couple who turns their own midnight smooch into a full-on make-out session. Three words: Get a room.
The Party Starter3 of 10
After plenty of bubbly, this tipsy hoofer is determined to turn the night into a dance party. If he's wearing a tie, it will probably end up around his head. Too bad his moves can't compare to Fred Astaire's in the musical comedy Holiday Inn.
Holiday Hater4 of 10
Being anti-New Year's Eve is this guy's schtick. He hates the occasion and he rails against it—just like Ashton Kutcher's character in 2011's New Year's Eve.
The Out-of-Towners5 of 10
They're in it to win it, go big or go home, party like rockstars. Like 200 Cigarette's Long Island duo (played by Christina Ricci and Gabby Hoffmann), they will stop at nothing to find the elusive party.
The Charmer6 of 10
Like Hugh Grant's character in About a Boy, this guy seems too good to be true: Sincere, interested and adorable. But go ahead and let yourself get swept up in the magic and revelry of New Year's Eve. Just don't count on him to be quite so charming once the confetti settles.
The Sad Sack7 of 10
Epitomized by Charlie Chaplin in Gold Rush, this fellow wears his heart on his sleeve. At midnight, he'll look around, forlorn and lonely. He's the kind of guy you might pity-kiss if the circumstances are right.
Miss One-Too-Many8 of 10
She drinks a little too much, sings a little too loud, wears a little too little. Like Bridget Jones, this girl is great fun... until she has that last drink that puts her over the edge. And the night takes a turn—from dancing on the tables to drowning your sorrows.
The Party Pooper9 of 10
Katharine Hepburn's Linda in Holiday has no intention of enjoying herself on New Year's Eve. Fortunately for her, Cary Grant shows up and turns her night around. Unless Cary Grant shows up at your party too, chances are this sourpuss will just sulk all night.
The Cougar10 of 10
Like Norma Desmond in Sunset Blvd., she's counting on the intoxicating effects of champagne and end-of-the-year sentimentality to woo her man.
- 11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right Now
- 10 Things Guys Really Do After a Breakup
- SNL alum lands huge Garnier campaign
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds