Remember When? 19 best things about 1993
- Next1 of 17Glo
- Previous Next2 of 17Barbara Peacock/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 17Ron Sherman/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 17Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic, Inc
- Previous Next5 of 17Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 17FOX/Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 17Sassy
- Previous Next8 of 17MGM/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 17Color Day Production/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 17Peter Still/Redferns
- Previous Next11 of 17Guess
- Previous Next12 of 17GoodTimes Home Video
- Previous Next13 of 17Juan Silva/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 17Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 17Glo
- Previous Next16 of 17Steve Eichner/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 17Getty Images
Gonna Go Back in Time1 of 17
By Shannan Rouss
What a difference 20 years makes. Take a look back at our favorite memories of 1993.
1. Getting Our Own "Line"2 of 17
Finally, no more interruptions from Mom or Dad in the middle of a very important call. Gawd!
2. Three-Way Calling
Like you never called a boy while your friend silently listened in.
3. Hanging Out at the Mall3 of 17
Benetton, The Limited, Gap... shop till you drop, indeed.
4. Eating at Cinnabon
It's hard to believe that there was a time when our metabolisms made light work of 1,000 calories.
5. The Real World4 of 17
The first season of the granddaddy of reality television aired in 1992. By the second season, filmed in Los Angeles, we were officially hooked.
6. Babydoll Dresses5 of 17
Our go-to look? A floral babydoll dress, black tights and cowboy boots. So friggin' cute.
7. Wednesday Nights6 of 17
Beverly Hills 90210 at 8, Melrose Place at 9—enough said.
8. Sassy magazine7 of 17
What angsty teenage girl didn't feel like Sassy was made for her?
9. Benny & Joon8 of 17
Even if you never saw the movie, we guarantee you know the song: "I would walk 500 miles. And I would walk 500 more. Just to be the man who walked 1,000 miles to fall down at your door. Duh-de-duh-duh. Duh-de-duh-duh..."
10. Music Stores9 of 17
Kids today can't even imagine browsing for music—in an actual store. Back then, we couldn't imagine not doing it that way.
11. Grunge Rock10 of 17
We're pretty sure that we knew all the words to Soul Asylum's "Runaway Train," although we thought the lyrics to Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" were "Jeremy spoken."
12. Guess Ads11 of 17
These vintage-inspired black-and-white pics adorned our wall.
13. Workout Videos12 of 17
Surely we'd grow up to have a body like Cindy Crawford if we did her workout video (with Radu) in our living room.
14. $4 Movie Tickets13 of 17
One hour of babysitting wages could buy you entry to the theater.
15. $1 Movie Tickets
There was that one rundown neighborhood theater where second-run movies cost a buck.
16. Big Karl14 of 17
Much less scary looking than skinny Karl.
17. Scopes15 of 17
Instagram has nothing on these mini picture-viewers.
18. The Snapple Lady16 of 17
We drank a lot of iced tea because of her.
19. Rollerblades17 of 17
Oh, the novelty of inline skates! What would they think of next?
NEXT GALLERY: The Best YA Books From the 80s
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- Couples, what your sleep position reveals
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds