8 Myths Romantic Comedies Perpetuate
- Next1 of 9Hitch: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 9Knocked Up: Universal Studios/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 9Moonstruck: MGM/Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 9Serendipity: Miramax/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 9Sex And The City: HBO/Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 9She's All That: Miramax/Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 9Hitch: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next8 of 9The Proposal: Walt Disney Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 9Pretty Woman: Buena Vista Pictures/Photofest
- 8 Myths Romantic Comedies Perpetuate10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- How Birth Order Affects Your Relationships
- What to Shop, Watch & Read in April
- 20 "Good" Mistakes You Made in Your 20s
- April Fools' Pranks to Play On Your Partner
- Unorthodox Parenting Techniques That Work
- Married and not over your ex? How to deal
- 10 Traits That Cheating Guys Have in Common
- Surprising Ways to Spice Up Your Marriage
- 12 Things Men Never Notice About Women
- 8 Books to Read Before Seeing the Movie
- 11 Amazing Images & Moments From 1954
- Nighttime Rituals That Will Improve Your Day
- 8 Morning Rituals to Improve Your Entire Day
- Ken Looks Back at 53 Years of Barbie
- 8 Things You Never Knew About Your Dreams
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
Fractured Fairytales1 of 9
What we see in our favorite chick flicks rarely mimics real life. Which is totally okay — we don't expect our guys to be as suave as Richard Gere or as mushy as John Cusack. However, our pals at TresSugar reported that nearly half of people surveyed in Australia think that rom-coms are actually ruining their views of an ideal relationship. Here are eight relationship myths these films perpetuate. —Glo
Love Changes Him2 of 9
Love can conquer anything, right? Bad habits. Video game obsessions. Irregular bathing. Not likely. He may change for a while, but lasting change really needs to be made for the self and not another.
Sex Solves Problems3 of 9
Unless the problem is he'd like to have sex right now, then all it will provide is distraction.
ON TRESSUGAR: Rantings Of A Single Girl
You Don't Need His Number4 of 9
He always gets the number in rom-coms, and he always calls. And if he doesn't, he has a reason that somehow will make you love him more.
You Just Know He's The One ...5 of 9
... and you're right. We've probably all felt this at some point, and most of us have been proven wrong.
ON TRESSUGAR: How To Officiate A Wedding
Change Yourself, And He'll Fall Head Over Heels6 of 9
How often has the bland girl put on a dress and makeup only to dazzle the guy who didn't know her name 30 minutes ago. It's only like the entire plot of Cinderella!
Playing Hard To Get Works7 of 9
In reality, acting disinterested makes him think you're not interested. He may want you, but he'll probably be too scared to act.
If You Run, He'll Follow8 of 9
Unless he's very confident or very clueless, he's probably not going to make a fool out of himself. Most guys would sooner sit home brokenhearted.
Love Knows No Socioeconomic Bounds9 of 9
Even if we're so magnanimous that we can overlook major class, education and money differences, there's another person's insecurities involved. Not to mention money is one of the most common things couples fight over.