8 Myths Romantic Comedies Perpetuate
- Next1 of 9Hitch: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 9Knocked Up: Universal Studios/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 9Moonstruck: MGM/Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 9Serendipity: Miramax/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 9Sex And The City: HBO/Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 9She's All That: Miramax/Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 9Hitch: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next8 of 9The Proposal: Walt Disney Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 9Pretty Woman: Buena Vista Pictures/Photofest
- 8 Myths Romantic Comedies PerpetuateWinter Solstice Fun Facts
- 8 Winter Date Night Ideas
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- How to Be More Outrospective
- 8 Things Never to Say at Thanksgiving Dinner
- How to Get Your Kids to Stop Bickering
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- 21 Books That Make Great Gifts
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 9 Things to Watch, Read & Shop in December
- 10 Love Lessons Moms Should Teach Daughters
- Have an Adult Relationship With Your Parents
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- Sagittarius: Guide to Life, Love & Style
- Home-for-the-Holidays Survival Guide
- Veterans' Day trivia
- Our Favorite Men of Movember
Fractured Fairytales1 of 9
What we see in our favorite chick flicks rarely mimics real life. Which is totally okay — we don't expect our guys to be as suave as Richard Gere or as mushy as John Cusack. However, our pals at TresSugar reported that nearly half of people surveyed in Australia think that rom-coms are actually ruining their views of an ideal relationship. Here are eight relationship myths these films perpetuate. —Glo
Love Changes Him2 of 9
Love can conquer anything, right? Bad habits. Video game obsessions. Irregular bathing. Not likely. He may change for a while, but lasting change really needs to be made for the self and not another.
Sex Solves Problems3 of 9
Unless the problem is he'd like to have sex right now, then all it will provide is distraction.
ON TRESSUGAR: Rantings Of A Single Girl
You Don't Need His Number4 of 9
He always gets the number in rom-coms, and he always calls. And if he doesn't, he has a reason that somehow will make you love him more.
You Just Know He's The One ...5 of 9
... and you're right. We've probably all felt this at some point, and most of us have been proven wrong.
ON TRESSUGAR: How To Officiate A Wedding
Change Yourself, And He'll Fall Head Over Heels6 of 9
How often has the bland girl put on a dress and makeup only to dazzle the guy who didn't know her name 30 minutes ago. It's only like the entire plot of Cinderella!
Playing Hard To Get Works7 of 9
In reality, acting disinterested makes him think you're not interested. He may want you, but he'll probably be too scared to act.
If You Run, He'll Follow8 of 9
Unless he's very confident or very clueless, he's probably not going to make a fool out of himself. Most guys would sooner sit home brokenhearted.
Love Knows No Socioeconomic Bounds9 of 9
Even if we're so magnanimous that we can overlook major class, education and money differences, there's another person's insecurities involved. Not to mention money is one of the most common things couples fight over.
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- DIY Tips for a Greener Holiday
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway