9 Eco-Friendly Dates
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Image Source/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 10Jan Greune/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 10Jupiterimages/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 10Christina Bollen/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 10Jupiterimages/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 10Frank Herholdt
- Previous Next8 of 10Comstock Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10Tooga/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 10GK Hart/Vikki Hart/Getty Images
- 9 Eco-Friendly DatesHow to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- How Birth Order Affects Your Relationships
- Surprising Ways to Spice Up Your Marriage
- 20 "Good" Mistakes You Made in Your 20s
- April Fools' Pranks to Play On Your Partner
- 11 Amazing Images & Moments From 1954
- Married and not over your ex? How to deal
- 10 Traits That Cheating Guys Have in Common
- Ken Looks Back at 53 Years of Barbie
- 12 Things Men Never Notice About Women
- 8 Books to Read Before Seeing the Movie
- What to Shop, Watch & Read in April
- Nighttime Rituals That Will Improve Your Day
- 8 Morning Rituals to Improve Your Entire Day
- Unorthodox Parenting Techniques That Work
- 8 Things You Never Knew About Your Dreams
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
Relationships_eco-friendly dates_ Intro card1 of 10eco friendly dates
Have a Zero Carbon Footprint Dinner2 of 10
More and more restaurants these days are jumping on board the green trend. Check out your neighborhood restaurant listings to see which ones offer menus with local foods, green energy preparation, organic wines and a little romance.
Organize a Scavenger Hunt3 of 10
Get together with a few couples, make a themed list of items, and pick a color (green, perhaps?).Then go out on foot with a digital camera to take pictures with each item found in the chosen hue. The couple finishing first wins.
Take a Green Class4 of 10
Learning together is a great way to get those endorphins flowing. Check out your community center, community college or local shops to find classes on sustainable cooking, paper-making or even oyster farming.
RELATED ON YOURTANGO: Eco Sex Tips
Plant a Garden5 of 10
Get your hands dirty together, and then spend the spring and summer watching your garden grow. Harvest the fruits (and vegetables) of your labor as they mature, and feast on the food of love.
RELATED ON YOURTANGO: 10 Relationship Rules
Pick Fruit6 of 10
Strawberries are in season, as are many other berries. Pick a bucket or two together; then go home and turn them into something sweet. Don't have berry-picking locations near you? Check out your local farmers' market instead.
Try a Mass Transit Date7 of 10
Look online for local bus, subway, or light rail maps for your city, or pick up maps from the mass transit authority in your area; then choose a destination. It might be the last stop on a particular bus line or a cute town just an hour away.
Enjoy Some Eco-Tourism8 of 10
Whether it's an afternoon in your local botanical garden, kayaking a waterway, or visiting an earth-friendly resort, eco-tourism is a great way to spend some time together, and maybe even learn a little something about the planet.
Go For a Stroll9 of 10
Our grandparents did it. Their grandparents did it. For much of the history of the planet, it was the chosen way to have a date night. Choose a park, the woods, or a local beach. Or simply stroll around your downtown area and do some people watching.
RELATED ON YOURTANGO: Does He Really Like You?
Walk for a Cause10 of 10
Is a casual stroll too casual for you? Try walking for a cause instead. Whether you're walking dogs for the local shelter or participating in a walkathon, walking for others will warm your hearts without warming the planet.
RELATED ON YOURTANGO: 4 Signs of a Great Date
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- Couples, what your sleep position reveals
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds