9 Secrets Happy Couples Shouldn't Keep
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Philip and Karen Smith/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 10B2M Productions/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 10Jon Feingersh/Blend Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 10Istockphoto
- Previous Next6 of 10Istockphoto
- Previous Next7 of 10Toshifumi Kitamura/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 10Steven Errico/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10Ronnie Kaufman/Larry Hishowitz/Bend Images/Getty
- Previous Next10 of 10Istockphoto
- 9 Secrets Happy Couples Shouldn't KeepIncredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- In Defense of Keeping Your Inner Circle Small
- Fun Facts about Mardi Gras
- 5 Tips for Taking Better Family Photos
- 11 Ways to Celebrate Singles Awareness Day
- Random Acts of Kindness for Everyday
- The Science of Happily Ever After
- Over-the-top celebrity valentine's day gifts
- Selfie-Obsessed Tots?
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- How Creative Are You?
- Self-Help Books That Actually Help
- What His Favorite Books Says About Him
- 10 Times You Need to Get Over Your Jealousy
- Love Lessons From Famous Breakup Letters
- 8 Ways Wives Can Improve Their Marriages
- What His Valentine's Day Gift Really Means
- 20 Quotes to Inspire You This February
RELA_intro card 6.15 Secrets_v021 of 10RELA_secrets_6.15
Wanderlust Levels2 of 10
Like where you live, or itching to try somewhere new? If you landed your dream job in Bumblefudge, Wherever — how open would he be to the possibility of moving? While long-distance relationships can certainly work, even when you're married, they can also be tough.
Sex Drive3 of 10
Sex is one of the top things couples fight about. Some even get divorced over arguments centered around their sex lives. This is why it's important to determine early on whether you're sexually compatible in terms of both libido and kink levels.
ON YOURTANGO: 4 Break-Up Warning Signs
Work Ethic4 of 10
Ambition. Dedication. Financial stability. All very sexy attributes. But if one of you is married to your job, can you also be married to each other? See if your partner is maintaining a (moderately) healthy work/life balance, and consider how you'd handle him working more, or less.
ON YOURTANGO: 10 Secrets Men Keep
Social Habits5 of 10
Opposites do attract, but sometimes, when introverts and extroverts fall in love, it ends up being more trouble than it's worth. In cases like these, it's important to be respectful of each other's comfort levels, and to come to an agreement about how to handle social situations together.
Feelings About Kids6 of 10
Once you've established that you do (or don't) want to reproduce, find out how many kids your partner wants, and when. What are his views on parenting and gender roles? Can either of you imagine taking a break from a high-powered career in order to focus on caregiving? How do you see your roles as Mom and Dad?
Faith7 of 10
You may feel that‚ when it comes to religion‚ love knows no bounds. And we certainly agree that religion doesn't have to be an immovable barrier to love. But a person's faith can oftentimes be a core part of his or her identity, and it can become surprisingly divisive when kids come into the picture.
Financial Status8 of 10
Is one of you super-good at saving money? In debt? This won't matter so much at the beginning of your relationship, but you'll need to know how the financial burden might be divided between the two of you, especially considering that money is the number one thing most couples fight about.
Attitude About Money9 of 10
You should also know your partner's views on spending and saving. If you ever shack up together, would you want to open a joint account, or would you prefer to keep things separate? Does one of you earn less money and, if so, how do you feel about that? How often are you comfortable eating out or vacationing?
Health10 of 10
Do either of you have any major health concerns? Are they contagious? Do they directly affect life span? Or could they potentially affect your future offspring? These are things you probably don't want to be surprised by sometime down the road.
ON YOURTANGO: 10 Questions to Ask About His Past
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- Bracelet Tracks Your Good Deeds
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- The 10 Germiest Spots You're Not Cleaning
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds