A Few of My Favorite Things: Azita Ghanizada
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 11Courtesy of Moroccan Oil
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 11Courtesy of Kate Somerville
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 11Courtesy of Giorgio Armani
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Everleigh
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Knopf
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 11Thinkstock
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 11Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 11Courtesy of OJ Medical
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 11Courtesy of Amazon
- A Few of My Favorite Things: Azita GhanizadaImpossible is what they do.
- Amazing Rooftop Retreats Around the World
- You'll never guess how old she is
- Courteney Cox's New Home in ELLE DECOR
- Father's Day Fun Facts
- 7 worst texts a guy can send—or not send
- "What I never knew about my dad..."
- 16 things to do, see and celebrate this month
- Using Twitter As Your F-U-N Guide
- All-time best young adult books from the '80s
- Style your hair young
- Decor-strology: Decorate By Sign
- What We Wish We Knew As Teens
- 9 books that every grad should read
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Remember When? 19 best things about 1993
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- What would Khaleesi do?
- The next best thing to therapy
RELA_intro card_Azita_v011 of 11
Skin & Hair Oils2 of 11
By Natasha Burton
Ghanizada's beauty routine could be called well-oiled. For glossy locks, she says, "Moroccan Hair Oil is amazing—just the smallest bit gives luxe, shiny hair." For soft skin, she puts Neutrogena Bath & Body Oil on "straight out of the bath," along with Laura Mercier Purifying Face Oil, which she calls "the best facial cleanser I've ever used."
Kate Somerville Skincare3 of 11
To keep her skin extra luminous, she regularly indulges in the popular DermaLucent Red Light Facial at Kate Somerville Skin Clinic. "I've been going to Mandy at the spa in West Hollywood for a couple years. She is the pamper queen for your skin," she says.
SHOP NOW: Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Face Serum, $65
Giorgio Armani No. 84 of 11
When she goes out on the town, Ghanizada turns to this foundation. "A makeup artist used it on me once, and I went out and bought it the next day," she says. "It works wonderfully with my Middle Eastern skin tone."
SHOP NOW: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, $59
Pilates Reformer5 of 11
Ghazinada is an admitted Pilates addict, taking reformer-based classes to keep in superhero shape. "[The workout] has kicked my body into a serious toned machine," she says. "I'm obsessed and try to get to a class three times a week."
LEARN MORE: Balanced Body Pilates Studio Finder
Eveleigh Restaurant6 of 11
Los Angeles is full of chic places to grab a bite, but this West Hollywood eatery is Ghanizada's favorite. "The restaurant is owned by a couple of Aussies and has a really cool vibe to it," she says. "It feels a bit like something out of Napa, unpretentious but a little edgy with a great wine and cocktail list, too."
LEARN MORE: Eveleigh Restaurant
Grandma's Kabuli Palow7 of 11
"It's the most common dish in Afghanistan and super-tasty," Ghanizada says of her favorite go-to recipe. She describes it as "Basmati rice cooked with golden raisins, carrots with chicken on the bone or lamb buried in the middle of the dish."
SHOP NOW: The New Book of Middle Eastern Food, $23
Rome8 of 11
When it comes to traveling, the Italian capital tops her destination list. "Even though the city is full of so much history, amazing restaurants and shops, my favorite place is the Villa Borghese, a beautiful lush park with lakes, temples and statues," she says. Ghanizada loves traveling to the city because "everyone's in love and they enjoy life to the fullest."
LEARN MORE: ShermansTravel Italy Guide
"Henry and June"9 of 11
While she says that an e-reader would probably make things easier, Ghanizada is "a books kind of girl," she says. "There is something about thumbing through Henry and June—making notations in the margins, creasing the pages that impact me—that you just can't do with an iPad."
SHOP NOW: Henry and June, $11
Hydrogen Peroxide10 of 11
Ghanizada's super-product is this common household item, which she uses in a number of innovative ways. "It can help whiten your teeth, kill bacteria on any surface, clean water damage, disinfect cuts or wounds, clean vegetables properly, treat acne," she says. "It's amazing and cheap, cheap, cheap!"
SHOP NOW: Hydrogen Peroxide (16 oz.), $8.50
"Forgetting Sarah Marshall”11 of 11
This comedy is her "guilty-pleasure" flick. "I watch it when I'm sick or sad and find something different every time. Mila and Kristen really stand out in the film as strong comedians," she says.
(Glo publisher BermanBraun also produces the SyFy series ALPHAS.)
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios