How to Agree to Disagree
Sometimes couples who fight together, stay together—and they're better for it
2. Rise & Shine
The Fight: I like to get up early. My girlfriend likes to get up in the early afternoon. During the workweek, this isn't a big deal. But on the weekend, I sometimes get the sense that if I leave the bed before 9AM, I'll never be welcomed back into it.
The Fundamental Disagreement: This is about how we want to spend our time. I like to pack in as much as I can; my girlfriend believes in the importance of relaxing, and would rather do one big thing than five little ones.
How We Deal: I try to use the (very) early morning hours for chores and emailing. We've realized that how we feel about how we spend our time isn't only dependent on how we spend our time together. There are things I can do alone to feel like I'm doing a lot and things she can do alone that help her feel like she's not.
More On MSN
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds