How to Agree to Disagree
Sometimes couples who fight together, stay together—and they're better for it
7. Mr. & Mrs. Clean
The Fight: We both think the other one isn't as clean as we are. For instance, I put all my clothes away and hate seeing her clean laundry in a pile on the dresser. On the other hand, she hates our cats' hair and thinks that their fur on the couch is disgusting.
The Fundamental Disagreement: We have vastly different ideas of what "clean" is. Or, at the very least, we have different pet peeves about cleanliness.
How We Deal: It's much easier to tell someone to take care of one thing than it is to tell them that they're, at heart, a slob. Cleanliness is another one of those things that you don't think needs spelling out until you start sharing a space together.
More On MSN
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds