Are Your Pals Sabotaging You?
Beware of misleading dating advice from friends
3. "Men are intimidated by you."
This is probably the most egregiously inaccurate statement ever uttered by a female. No, men are not intimidated by you. Women take this as a compliment, and it's not. Women like to say this to each other because it implies that they (the women) are so scary intelligent, clever, successful, beautiful and witty that men immediately fear they aren't good enough for them.
ON YOURTANGO: "I'm Cheating On My Husband—Am I A Bad Person?"
4. "You should ask him out."
Unless you genuinely believe that a man is too timid or shy or otherwise in the dark about your interest, you should wait for him to do the asking. The reason is simple: because men freely admit to arbitrarily raising and lowering their standards depending on the situation. Meaning that, if sex is offered, he's likely to take it regardless of how attracted or interested he actually is. Since there isn't the rampant slut shaming amongst men like there is women, men aren't particularly concerned with being labeled "easy."
More On MSN
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds