Better Than "I Love You"
11 ways to show a guy you really, really care
- Alice Dall'Agnol/Getty Images
You've heard it before: Men are visual; women are verbal. Men are impulsive; women like to analyze things. Men are from Mars; women are from Venus. So since husbands and wives are opposite in many ways, it makes sense that male and female hearts swell for different reasons. While you probably smile when your mate says, "I love you," those same three words from you may not do much for him. Here, 11 gestures that show you care and why they're more meaningful to the guy in your life.
1. Giving Him Your Undivided Attention
"When the male brain sees you checking your iPhone during dinner, it interprets that as ‘I'm not important,'” says marriage therapist Mike Dow, PsyD. That's because men's brains evolved to do one thing at a time while filtering out all other stimuli, he explains. Even though women function differently (you know firsthand how well you multitask), your man will appreciate you focusing solely on him. “It says, ‘You are my priority, and I love you,'” adds Dr. Dow. So make eye contact while he's talking and limit interruptions.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Things Your Husband's Friends Won't Tell You
More On MSN
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- Buy Lupita's Headband for $58
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- The 10 Germiest Spots You're Not Cleaning
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds