Find Your Sex-Confidence
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Baron/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11George Marks/Retrofile
- Previous Next4 of 11William Vanderson/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 11Orlando/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 11Roger Viollet/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11H. Armstrong Roberts/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Chaloner Woods/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11Roger Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Fred Morley/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Orlando/Getty Images
- Find Your Sex-ConfidenceA Cancerian's guide to life, love & style
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- The 10 best beach reads of all time
- What kind of friend are you?
- "What I never knew about my dad..."
- 9 books that every grad should read
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- All-time best young adult books from the '80s
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- What would Khaleesi do?
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- Father's Day Fun Facts
- 7 worst texts a guy can send—or not send
- Remember When? 19 best things about 1993
- 16 things to do, see and celebrate this month
- Using Twitter As Your F-U-N Guide
- The next best thing to therapy
- Transgender Journey: My first year as a woman
- A Gemini's guide to life, love & style
Relationships_sex confidence_Intro card1 of 11for sex confidence
Tap into Your Inner Diva2 of 11
By Woman's Day
Paula Bloom, Ph.D., an Atlanta-based clinical psychologist, says, “Act as if you are a sexpot. Act as if you are fabulous. Action often precedes motivation. It can change how you think and feel.”
Look at Real Women’s Bodies3 of 11
The females you’re seeing in the media are often not realistic representations of the average American woman. Take a mini-media break, says Bloom: “This can be an important reminder that sexy comes in all sizes—including your own.”
Think About Your Body’s Strength4 of 11
“Focus on images that remind you of your body's power, like childbirth, running, climbing or dancing — rather than how you look in the dressing room mirror," says Bloom.
RELATED ON WOMAN'S DAY: What's Your Sex I.Q.?
Turn on the Music5 of 11
If you really want to get into a sexy mood, try putting on a CD. “Music is a wonderful, and healthy, mood-altering substance. Sexy music can influence how you feel about yourself,” Bloom says.
Take a Break from Facebook6 of 11
In a study appearing in the journal CyberPsychology & Behavior, researchers found that the more time people spent on sites like Facebook, the more jealousy they felt regarding their romantic partners.
RELATED ON WOMAN'S DAY: Sex Q&A
Ask for What You Want7 of 11
Bloom says, “Practice asking firmly and specifically for what you want during the day … The more comfortable you are with articulating your needs in the world, the better you'll be at doing it with your partner.”
Watch Fewer Romantic Comedies8 of 11
Bloom cites research that found a correlation between these films and relationship dissatisfaction. “Sometimes they can create an unrealistic view of relationships,” she explains. “Women end up thinking their relationships fall short.”
Invest in a Dimmer Switch9 of 11
One of the easiest ways to go from “I just can’t get in the mood,” to “Honey, tonight’s the night!” is as simple as dimming the lights, says Debby Herbenick, Ph.D.
RELATED ON WOMAN'S DAY: Let's Talk About Sex
Stop Looking at the Clock10 of 11
If you’ve seen a love scene in a movie recently, it can be easy to deduct that great sex should last hours. A 2008 study that surveyed top sex therapists in Canada and the U.S. found that sex classified as “normal and good” lasts three to 13 minutes.
Buy Some New Lingerie11 of 11
A quick and easy way to boost sexual self-esteem from a 2 to a 10 is with some flattering new lingerie — especially if your size has fluctuated recently. “Wear things that fit you now, don't constrict and are made of a sensual material," says Bloom.
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios