A Message For Moms: It's Okay To Not Do It All
One day I woke up and couldn't feel my face. It was totally numb, as was my arm and hand. I attributed it to sleeping wrong and brushed it off. The numbness lasted throughout the day and into the next morning. Over the course of nearly six months, I was tested for Lupus, MS, brain tumors and a million other ailments.
Thank God all the tests came out negative, and I was basically told I was the picture of health. Finally my doctor suggested that I take a light prescription tranquilizer to test a theory that she had. Guess what? The numbness went away.
My body was reacting to stress, and it showed itself in the form of numbness. I decided at that moment that I didn't have to be the perfect mother. I let go of the guilt and worried about the important things. In other words, I didn't stress over the small stuff. I decided I was going to be Mommy, plain old Mommy. I was going to be there for my kids and replace quantity with quality.
More On MSN
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- DIY Tips for a Greener Holiday
- 6 DIY Wreaths That Are Cheap & Easy
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway