Celebrity Cheaters of 2010
- Next1 of 13Robert Cianflone/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 13STAN HONDA/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 13DISCIULLO/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next4 of 13Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News
- Previous Next5 of 13Robert Cianflone/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 13Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 13Noel Vasquez/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 13Ray Tamarra/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 13JGM/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next10 of 13Hector Vallenilla/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next11 of 13Michael Kovac/FilmMagic
- Previous Next12 of 13ELIOT PRESS/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next13 of 13Michael Bezjian/WireImage
- Celebrity Cheaters of 2010What would Khaleesi do?
- The next best thing to therapy
- A Gemini's guide to life, love & style
- 9 unconventional date night ideas
- 7 tips to help you master the art of small talk
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 11 things men wish you knew about them
- Save the Date: 13 things to do this month
- The best parenting tweets of the month
- 8 secrets of happy moms
- Guybrids: Amazing men we wish existed
- 11 Love Lessons From Gatsby and His Golden Girl
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- 10 compliments men hate getting
- Mother's Day Fun Facts
- How to become a grownup in 10 steps
- Should you pull a Mila-and-Ashton?
- What women really want in a man
- What men really want in a woman
Un-Loyal Lads1 of 13
This year seemed to have an unusually high volume of both confirmed and alleged celebrity cheaters. Here we’ve rounded up some of the top offenders, biggest surprises and puzzling rumors, giving our take on each scandalous situation.
John Edwards2 of 13
The intricacies of this politician’s scandal are many, and the worst part of this whole thing was that he put his late wife Elizabeth, who was battling cancer, through so much. But being the strong woman she was, Elizabeth wrote candidly about the affair in her second memoir, Resilience. She’ll always be remembered as a role model of class.
Shaq3 of 13
After nearly seven years of marriage, this sports legend’s wife Shaunie filed for legal separation as 2009 was wrapping up. But the real story unfolded over the course of this year, including allegations that one of his mistresses, whom Shaq met when she was 14, was pregnant. We’re just glad his wife got away when she did.
Matt Lauer4 of 13
This Today show anchor was accused of getting cozy with some other ladies during the Winter Olympics. He and his wife both deny the claims and remain a couple — we assume they are working through whatever transpired.
Tiger Woods5 of 13
It goes almost without saying that this pro golfer takes the prize for worst celebrity cheater in 2010. There’s no saving your marriage when prostitutes and “sexting” are involved. Speaking of … thank you, Tiger, for seeing to it that “sexting” is now a common verb.
ON WONDERWALL LATINO: These Celebs and Athletes Scored in their Love Lives
Jesse James6 of 13
A close runner-up to Tiger is Sandra Bullock’s ex, who ditched his Oscar-winning wife for some not-so-tasteful company. Good riddance: A man who can’t handle having a successful, gorgeous woman by his side doesn’t deserve one.
David Boreanaz7 of 13
The Bones star openly admitted his infidelity last March, saying his mistress was threatening to come forward. While his fear of being exposed on someone else’s terms isn’t exactly the best reason to come clean, we respect his honesty and the fact that he and his wife of nearly a decade are working on their marriage. We wish them luck.
David Letterman8 of 13
While his tales of sleeping with staffers came to light in late 2009, he opened up for the first time about his affairs in April 2010 to Regis and Kelly, calling his behavior reckless and stupid. When a man admits he’s wrong and can have some self-awareness, we say he’s forgivable.
Al Gore9 of 13
We were super sad when learning of the eco-friendly former vice president’s split from wife Tipper. Of course, the rumor mill started churning out theories, one of which was that Al was having an affair with Larry David’s ex-wife, Laurie. Seems as though there was no foul play involved, but the media wanted a reason for the divorce.
Sam Mendes10 of 13
This director’s spilt from wife Kate Winslet was another 2010 surprise. While infidelity hasn’t been confirmed, there were rumblings of Sam’s “friendship” with a 27-year-old woman, which he refused to discontinue at Kate’s request. If that was the case, we commend her for getting rid of him.
Larry King11 of 13
The legendary Larry King battled the tabloid chatter this year when rumors that he cheated on his wife — and with her sister at that! — emerged. The tales didn’t break up the marriage, and it looks like Larry’s got the perfect holiday gift for wife Shawn to make up for the scandal: Stevie Wonder recently offered to write her a song.
Josh Brolin12 of 13
After seemingly relentless rumors that this actor was cheating on his wife, Diane Lane, he declared the following to Playboy magazine this September: "I don't f*** around on my wife." If that's indeed true, he should get some points for being so bold about the subject.
Tony Parker13 of 13
Of course, we had to have one (hopefully) last celebrity cheater in 2010, and it came courtesy of this basketball star, who was apparently swapping texts, among other things, with a woman who was good friends with him and his soon-to-be-ex-wife Eva. This offense seems impossible to forgive and forget, and we’re glad Eva didn’t.