Change It Up
Real Women Reveal How They Successfully Made Major Life Changes
The Sweet Life
Kate Carrara, 36, joined her family firm, following 16 family members into law as a corporate lawyer before becoming the owner of Buttercream International, a cupcake truck. "I knew the cupcake truck was an idea of the moment, and if I didn't get there first, someone else would," she says.
Carrara's advice: Don't quit your day job. "Before you jump in, ask yourself whether you have the time, money and drive to put into your business, and whether you can afford to live without a paycheck for a while."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: Work Tips To Help You Get Ahead
More On MSN
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- Save Using These Shopping Codes
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- 12 Festival Outfits Inspired By Celebrities
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds