Change It Up
Real Women Reveal How They Successfully Made Major Life Changes
Starting Up Solo
Jackie Silverman, 56, was in charge of a geriatric program for a social service agency—leaving her with health problems and a depression battle—before she became the founder and former executive director of New Orleans Women's Shelter.
Silverman's Advice: Everyone has the potential to achieve something great. "I always thought that extraordinary things were accomplished by extraordinary people," Jackie says. "Now I know that they're accomplished by ordinary people who've stepped up." Keep going, she says. "When the naysayers tell you it can't be done, just smile and work harder."
More On MSN
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- This Weekend's Best Holiday Sales
- 9 Outfits Inspired By Favorite Holiday Movies
- How to Be More Outrospective
- Holiday Decorating Secrets From the Pros
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway