Change It Up
Real Women Reveal How They Successfully Made Major Life Changes
Starting Up Solo
Jackie Silverman, 56, was in charge of a geriatric program for a social service agency—leaving her with health problems and a depression battle—before she became the founder and former executive director of New Orleans Women's Shelter.
Silverman's Advice: Everyone has the potential to achieve something great. "I always thought that extraordinary things were accomplished by extraordinary people," Jackie says. "Now I know that they're accomplished by ordinary people who've stepped up." Keep going, she says. "When the naysayers tell you it can't be done, just smile and work harder."
More On MSN
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- Couples, what your sleep position reveals
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds