12 Surprising Facts About Infidelity
Discover things you never knew about cheating that could save your marriage
Fact #11: A cheater knows he's hurting the woman he loves, tearing his family apart and sacrificing his honor.
A man may realize the negative impact on his wife, family and himself, but still continue an affair. How? "It's all in the perception of the cheater," says Orlando. "If he feels unwanted, undervalued and taken for granted, his personal needs of being wanted, valued and appreciated will win out."
Fact #12: The wife's not to blame if her husband cheats on her.
Realize this: If your husband is unfaithful, it's not your fault, no matter what people say. "When a man cheats, he's making a conscious choice to do it," says Dr. Brosh. "The idea of being pushed into the arms of another woman is an expression, not a reality." Orlando echoes this sentiment: "Men don't cheat because of who she is; they cheat because of who they're not," he says. "The 'fault' is that the signs of disconnection have been ignored by both parties."
More On MSN
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds