Conversations With Your Inner Critic
- Next1 of 8Catherine Ledner/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 8Catherine Ledner/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 8Catherine Ledner/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 8Thomas Barwick/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 8Catherine Ledner/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 8Melanie Acevedo/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 8Douglas Menuez/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 8Paula Thomas/Getty Images
- Conversations With Your Inner CriticHow to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- How Birth Order Affects Your Relationships
- Surprising Ways to Spice Up Your Marriage
- 20 "Good" Mistakes You Made in Your 20s
- April Fools' Pranks to Play On Your Partner
- 11 Amazing Images & Moments From 1954
- Married and not over your ex? How to deal
- 10 Traits That Cheating Guys Have in Common
- Ken Looks Back at 53 Years of Barbie
- 12 Things Men Never Notice About Women
- 8 Books to Read Before Seeing the Movie
- What to Shop, Watch & Read in April
- Nighttime Rituals That Will Improve Your Day
- 8 Morning Rituals to Improve Your Entire Day
- Unorthodox Parenting Techniques That Work
- 8 Things You Never Knew About Your Dreams
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
Who You Talkin' To?1 of 8
By Naomi Jaul
That little voice inside your head that makes you second-guess your every move and feel like a clod while you're at it? It's time to press the mute button. Read on for simple, snappy ways to shut down the trash talk.
What a Beach!2 of 8
The Inner Critic says: You really should have worked harder to get a beach body before getting into that bikini, fatty.
You say: You know the really great way to get a beach body? Have a body. Go to the beach. Done.
Ex-Cuse Me?3 of 8
The Inner Critic says: No wonder he dumped you and went for someone like her! She’s so successful, and her hair is. So. Shiny.
You say: Too bad she doesn't have my depth, wit and uniquely wry perspective on life.
Like a Boss4 of 8
The Inner Critic says: Did you see how your boss looked at you after that presentation? She thinks you're a moron.
You say: Or maybe she just remembered that she has dinner with her in-laws tonight, or that she forgot to call the plumber about the dishwasher. Really, it could be anything.
Compare Fair5 of 8
The Inner Critic says: Why can't you look as put-together as she always does?
You say: Because I know people will still like me even if I'm not perfectly coiffed and done-up at all times.
Dinner Dilemma6 of 8
The Inner Critic says: They're going to hate the meal, the house, the table setting. Oh, and you.
You say: Good thing I've got chocolate pudding for dessert. No one hates chocolate pudding.
Date Night7 of 8
The Inner Critic says: Why did you say that? He's going to think you're a total weirdo!
You say: I'm just a total weirdo standing in front of another total weirdo, asking him to love me.
Food Fight8 of 8
The Inner Critic says: Seriously, you're going to eat that chocolate? I thought you were going paleo—Lord knows you need to.
You say: Cocoa beans grow on trees. They're totally a vegetable. And furthermore, depriving myself will only make me crave the sweet stuff that much more, whereas a little nibble will leave me happy and satisfied. So there.
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- Save Using These Shopping Codes
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- 12 Festival Outfits Inspired By Celebrities
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds